five

angela threw a pool party a month later. it took hard convincing to get louise to go. the music was bumping and everyone was having a good time.

louise didn't take off her sweatpants and hoodie the entire night, she hadn't gone near the water or touched a bit of liquor. she used to be a party girl, happy and fun loving. now she wouldn't even show her legs.

it was small things at first, angela gave lou a red solo cup filled with orange fanta and vodka. then one cup turned to three, and eventually we had to take her home. angela was never the thinking type.

fuckshit and i had one of louisa's arms over our shoulders and walked with her down to his house. he lived in a nice neighborhood, white picket fences and perfectly cut lawns were everywhere. lou was mumbling about memories with fuckshit, she called him by his actual name.

"remember- remember when we had sex on your parents' bed?" fuckshit smiled and looked at me. i raised my eyebrows and shook my head. "i miss actually liking sex."

he got the gist of what she was trying to say and dropped her arm, backing up to look at her. disbelief was written all over his face. disbelief and hurt.

"he touched you?"

i shuffled louisa so that she was leaning on my shoulder. she solemnly nodded and reached for him. i watched as a tear came out of his eye, he wiped it away and put her arm over his shoulder again. he kept sniffling the rest of the way.