Caring Souls

-Warning: This is a shorter chapter than usual.

-I am sorry I just felt it was better to make this a full Bakugou chapter.

-READ THE END AUTHOR'S NOTE WHEN YOU FINISH.

-You have been warned.

ENJOY!

_________________________________________

"BAKUGOU FREAKING BOOM BOOM MAN WHERE THE HELL, HEAVEN, AND OR PURGATORY HAVE YOU BEEN!?"

The Bakusquad surrounded Katsuki and tried grilling him on leaving them in the dark.

Again.

Mina was tugging on his ear and yelling at him like a Karen asking to see the manager. Izuku was angry sobbing as he tried to force Katsuki to take one of his All Might Super Sparkle Walkie Talkies so that this wouldn't happen again. While Jirou kept pulling on his other ear and blasting terrible wii sports music in it as a punishment for making her worry.

"Dude!?" Kaminari tried to hug Bakugou but Blast Man had learned to simply sidestep when that happened and Kami fell into Sero's arms instead. So I guess there was a little homo at least.

"Piss off, Electrobuzz. I'm fine-"

Kami still stayed clunged to Sero as the Tape Master got upset. "Bakugou. Seriously man we were really worried about you. It's not okay to just- not respond to your parents or Mr.Aizawa. Us, I understand. But disappearing without any contact with anyone for hours is obviously not safe." The normally grinning black haired student was frowning pretty hard as he starred at his formally missing classmate.

Bakugou felt a blow to his chest as he tried to avoid eye contact with Sero. Then with Mina, then with Jirou and so forth. He couldn't even look Deku in they eyes, they were all so- hurt? Had he really hurt them that much?

Katsuki could only let out a small tsk as he starred at the floor. He was going to blow it off with a: Yeah yeah but the others got to him first.

Mina aggressively let go of his ear and hugged tightly around the left side of her friend's tiny waist as Jirou punched Katsuki in his right shoulder. "Ow- what-" He got cut off by her hugging him too, but with more of a "fuck you I care" vibe.

Deku was still blubbering. This whole situation had given him vivid flashbacks to Katsuki's kidnap. So it wasn't unusual that Izuku was the one who had to be held back from searching the streets all by himself as soon as his classmates had shared their concern. Bakugou sighed and was already tearing up from the overwhelming distress that radiated off his... his friends.

"...Deku you can- OOF!" Izuku had jumped into the group hug even before Kat finished. "I WAS GONNA SAY YOU CAN FUCK OFF!" That was an obvious lie and it got a few chuckles from the non-huggers.

Deku just ignored him and continued to cry as he clung to the trio. "Shut up, Kacchan." He muttered between sniffs.

Katsuki didn't have the energy to yell anymore profanities, nor the enery to fight off Kaminari and Sero as they joined the hug pile. This was even more overwhelming then being back outside crying in the rain.

Speaking of, Kat couldn't wipe his face because both arms were trapped in hugs. Katsuki's irritation with the amount of crying he had done today only grew as more tears fell.

"F-fuck. Why am I crying so damn much?!"

Deku gave his signature silver-bell laugh and softly beamed even though his face was now already stained by those seemingly infinite waterfalls that pour out of Deku's eyes every episode.

"You get used to it."

"Oh no I'm Deku- Someone please kill me."

"Kacchan you're ruining the big friendship moment!"

With that sound argument, Bakugou fought his way out of the hug and huffed. "Whatever nerds-"

"Aww, Mr. Blast Man loves us!" Mina clapped her hands as Bakugou pushed her away with less than a little force.

"Piss off-" He made eye contact with Sero and saw that just a hug wouldn't make him no longer upset. So Bakugou started to fiddle with the bottom of his shirt, then with a pout to cover up his sincerity:

"I just..." He swallowed, knowing that he was about to be very honest with these dummies. "...wanna say thank you."

The look of suprise wasn't noticed by Bakugou as he continued to mess with his shirt. "I wanna say thank you for-" He wasn't even looking up but he already knew that Deku was full of tears again.

"WHY ARE YOU CRYING AGAIN I DIDN'T EVEN SAY SHIT."

"You just never thank other people! I'm so proud, you're growing up Kacchan!"

"THE HELL DO YOU MEAN I DON'T SAY THANK YOU? I CAN SAY THANK YOU!"

"Bro nooo calm down we were having a nice moment!" Kaminari was already laughing as Sero tried to put a hand on Bakugou's shoulder.

Bakugou literally barked at Sero and Phil Swift just leaped back instantly. "GET YOUR FUCKING DOG, BITCH-"

Mina was starting to shake from the sudden change of crying to laughter in such a sort amount of time. "IT DON'T BITE-"

Bakugou was going after Deku who was trying to hide behind Jirou. Not the best choice because she kept snickering until she let loose, "YES IT DO-"

The first floor bursted into more laughter as Aizawa watched his dumbass students having fun. He made sure the door was bolted shut before leaving the students be. Bakugou's detention would start tommorow. For now just let the kid be a kid.

Even among all the laughter, Bakugou still felt like that someone was missing. He put the feeling away for a bit though, because tonight, he was thankful. Thankful to this group of dumb, idiot, weird, strange, unusual, sincere, semi-cool, well-meaning, secretly sweet group that were his friends. Thankful for the Shitty Hair that made these people his friends.
I guess he wasn't on his own.

"I just wanna say thank you-"

"Thank you for caring."

.
.
.

_________________________________________

AND THANK YOU FOR READING!

Feel free to comment any ideas for the upcoming chapters but also! Make sure to vote on this very special question. BECAUSE I HAVE IDEAS FOR ALL THREE OPTIONS SO PLEASE GIVE REASONING. THIS IS NOT A MAJORITY RULES SYSTEM.

Options:

1. Bakugou breaks and talks to Kiri. He loses the challenge but bam KiriBaku. /but maybe not the response you thought/ Probably angst just saying.

2. Kiri hears about Bakugou going missing. He breaks and talks to Bakugou. He loses the challenge. Lovey dovey response and boom Bakugou completes his promise to bring home a boy. Kinda boring but hey if ur into that.

3. KEEP SLOW-BURNING THIS. Most likely a lot more Baku-squad banter and KiriBaku internal monologue. Though a locker room scene will d e f i n i t l y come. Bakugou accepting his feelings and Kiri still thinking it's just a dumb one-sided crush.

4. Your own idea can be commented here.

THANKS! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU THINK!