08 | e x p r e s s

{T} he day finally came. Hogwarts was only a train ride away.

But so was he. 

"I'm going to miss you, Remus." I said, engulfing him in a hug. "Promise you'll write me?"

"I'm don't know, I'll have to think about it," he joked. "Be good, Lexi." 

I raised an eyebrow at this, thinking of all the stories he told me about his school days. "I'm don't know, I'll have to think about it." I repeated cheekily.

Remus tossed me a book, "In case you get bored."

"Thanks," I waved. 

Spotting Draco, I rushed over to him immediately. "It's happening!" I cried, "We're going to Hogwarts!"

"Hello, Mr. Malfoy!" I greeted. Over the years, I had gotten brave enough to say hello, but not much farther than that. 

"Hello, Alexandra." Lucius said back, even putting in a tiny smile.

"Narcissa!" I pounced on her, "Don't worry, I'll look after Draco." I winked.

The Malfoys chuckled, Draco inputting, "Excuse me, Potter? Whose looking after who?"

My stomach was knotted in anticipation, my brother was on that train. "Ready?" I asked Draco. We walked down the halls, looking for an empty compartment. Draco's friends, Crabbe and Goyle, who I didn't particularly like, offered us seats. 

After shooting Draco puppy eyes, he declined the offer. "Nice, big compartment." I announced, finally fining an empty one. 

Draco scoffed, and I latched onto his arm, "Come on, Dracoooo," I said, dragging out his name. "You're my best, bestest friend." 

He turned his head, trying to hide his smile. "I can see you smiling," I teased, "Don't try to hide it." 

"Oh, shut up." 

I laughed, taking my book out. "Ugh, my stomach has been hurting for a while now." I said, groaning. I laid down on the bench, while Draco took the opposite side. 

"Hey, Draco?" I said in a sing-song voice. 

"Hm?" he already had a book out as well.

"Come and be my pillow." I said, shooting him a pleading look. "Pleaaase?" I asked.

With a sigh, Draco walked over to my bench, plopping down. 

"Yes!" I celebrated, laying my head on his lap. The train started to move, and we drifted into silence, peacefully reading. 

After a while, I had dozed off. I woke up to someone poking my face. "Potter. Wake up. My leg's numb."

"Five more minutes." I groaned. 

"You're going to miss your chance to talk to him." Draco said, "And we need to change into our robes."

I rolled over, falling onto the ground. "Ow," I moaned. 

Draco rolled his eyes, he already knew I did it to wake myself up. "Are you going to?" he asked. 

"I guess." I had tried pushing it out of mind, but Draco was right. I had to face him. I had to face Harry. 

I rushed to my feet. "I'm going before I change my mind." I debated asking Draco to come with me, but decided to handle it on my own. 

"Go already, Potter." Draco ushered, grabbing his robes. 

"Do I look okay?" I asked, panicking.

"What does it matter? Don't you guys have the same face?"

I scoffed, "I like to think that I'm prettier." I cupped my face in my hands, "Come on, Malfoy, admit it. I'm adorable."

Draco snorted, "Will you leave? Or do you want me to start undressing for you?" 

"Wouldn't be the first time," I winked. 

Draco raised a finger, three guesses to which one. 

I smiled sweetly, "You know you love me, Malfoy."

"Get out, Potter."

I nervously walked down, looking in the compartments. No stress. Just... introduce yourself?

Bumping into a girl with frizzy hair, I apologized immediately. 

"It's fine." she caught sight of my scar and her eyes grew wide. "You're Alexandra Potter! I'm Hermione Granger."

"Hey," I said, completely used to it. "Sorry, I have to go see someone." 

"Are you looking for Harry?"

"I am, actually. Do you know where he is?" I asked, getting short on breaths.

"He's right down there." she pointed. 

"Thank you so much!" I said, and raced off. 

I knocked on the compartment door, taking in a sharp breath when I saw him.

"Harry?" I whispered. My legs were shaking, my eyes clouding with tears. He wore glasses, just like Dad. 

"I'm Lexi."