02 | (ѕ)нe

He's just like paperwork

But harder to read

Chapter 02 ~ (S)he

     Jamie Myers

Kissing Scar Patterson, the sexy football jock with the hot temper, was one of the biggest accomplishments of my seventeen years of life. I should put that on my college resume.

I didn't know what it was that I liked about Scar, other than his obvious good looks. He was a jerk to many. He had an obnoxiously hot girlfriend, and he was straight. Certainly not my type, but there was something that intrigued me about him.

Maybe it was because no one knew his real name. According to rumors circulating around school, Scar was involved in a terrible accident when he was young that left a long ugly scar across his back. After the accident, he moved to Summer Hill and has gone by the name Scar ever since.

Maybe I was way in over my head by thinking that I could uncover Scar's secrets, but I've been taking a backseat for too long, and now it was time for me to make my move.

"You taste like mint," I commented as I pulled away from his incredibly soft lips, swiping my tongue over my own to savor the taste.

He stared back at me with wild, bewildered, blue-green eyes. Everything written on his face told me he was completely and utterly disgusted, which I expected. "Leave me alone," he muttered under his breath as he turned his attention to the line behind me. "Next!"

I couldn't fight the grin that was making its way onto my face. It was obvious I created a reaction from Scar. Granted, it wasn't necessarily a good reaction but it was a reaction nonetheless. "See you tomorrow."

His faced paled. All the color drained from his face and left him as white as a ghost. "You're coming here tomorrow?" He asked in a bare whisper.

I smiled condescendingly at him. "Unless you'd like us to meet somewhere else. Personally, I thought you'd want us to make out in a public place just so we could rub it in those preppy girls' faces, but if you want to meet in private..."

"No!" He protested in a loud roar. His hands grabbed onto tufts of his short, brown hair as he shook his head in disbelief. "You better leave me the hell alone! You got what you wanted, so don't come back."

Normally, I would've left it at that. You see, I like to spend my days taking long drags of cigarettes, downing a bottle or two of Vodka, and playing video games. I didn't have the time or patience to deal with a self-centered jerk like Scar, but I was determined to find out his secret.

I leaned in closer to him, taking in a whiff of his expensive cologne. Pulling out a wad of cash from my back pocket and stuffing it into the collection box, I smiled at him. "There's fifty dollars for your charity. I'm glad to help, really."

Scar huffed. "I don't know what you want from me."

"Many things, actually," I countered with a teasing smile. "But I'll share those with you another time. It looks like you have a lot of customers." Sending him a seductive wink, I turned on my heel and began to walk away, linking my arm through my sister's in the process.

She let out a light hearted laugh as I dragged her to the nearest food truck. The cool autumn breeze brushed her blonde bangs against her forehead. "You've got nerve, Jamie. I'll give you that."

I overlooked the menu posted on the exterior of the truck and licked my lips at the savory sight of a foot long hot dog. "Nerve takes you a long way, little sister." I shot her a quick smile as I combed my fingers through my blond locks. Our hair was the one trait that gave away the fact that we were related. We both styled our hair in very unkempt ways and the pale blond color paired well with our golden highlights.