32 | Exchange

NICO

         I SAT BEHIND my desk, looking at the pictures taken at the accident scene, where Alyssa's car crashed. I'm trying to find out the cause of the car crash. I know my sister very well. Alyssa is not a careless driver. Someone must have done something for her to crash.

The crash site is on my territory. She must've been on her way over to me when something happened to her.

The doors to my office open and I look up to see my best friend stroll in with two of his men standing behind him.

"Damian," I say his name, standing up to go meet him.

"Nico, my man," Damian Dragonov, my long time bestfriend, is also a mafia gang leader. He is the leader of the Italian Dragon Gang. His gang is one of the most dangerous gangs out there.

People out there think I'm the most dangerous and intimidating man ever, but really I'm not. Damian is more dangerous than I am.

     We do the bro hug and he goes to sit down while I go back behind my desk. After what happened to my sister, I called him to come over to help me solve this case. I wonder what would Alyssa say if she was here.

     Damian and Alyssa never really got along well with each other. He was always cold while Alyssa was always sweet.

      After he found out about her passing away, he was furious and came here as soon as possible.

"Let me see those, " He said, reaching out for the pictures I was staring at.

Sighing, I hand it over to him. He takes it and looks at it before tossing it aside. I give him a 'what the fuck' look in which he ignores, standing up.

"Let's go," He tells me.

"Go where?" I ask him, standing up to be in level with him.

"You're just going to stare at the pictures all day? Let's go to the crash site where we can look closely." He explains, gesturing for me to follow him.

          ***

         We arrive at the site where my sister's car crashed. We both get out of my car and went closer to the trashed car. Damian starts circling the car, inspect the damage as I, again, wondered the cause of this car crash.

"Can you stop letting your emotions control you? Fucking look for something. There's got to be something here. " I hear Damian hiss at me.

I groan, not liking his tone. I start looking for something, something that can help us.

"Nico, come here. I found something." Damian waves me over, standing on the other side of the car. I walk over to him and he points at the door. "See this."

I look closely, seeing a tiny scrape. A hole. It's like the size of a bullet.

"Could it be-" Before I could finish, Damian cuts me off with the same idea in mind.

"Yes. If I'm right, if what I think is true, then someone was after her. Look at this. Then at the driver's side. The window, it's broken. Whoever was after her must have shot at her then it resulted with her crashing down here." Damian was deep in thought.

"Who would want to hurt my sister? I swear I'll kill him." I breath, clenching my fists.

"It could be anyone, bro. You have tons of enemies. " Damian replied.

"Okay, now we know someone shot at her. But who? And is she alive?" I have so many questions. Right now, all I feel is worry. Worry for my sister. I don't think I look like the Nico everyone feared or was intimidated by.