Dumbledore's warning

Katherine and Tom were in potions class, brewing a potion. The two of them worked in sync with each other. Slughorn smiled at them as he checked the classes potions.

"Looking good, looking go-" he was cut off by a knock at the window. It was a owl with a letter.

Slughorn opened the window and in flew the owl. It landed on top of Slughorn's desk. Professor opened the letter and read it. Katherine continued to work on the potion, Tom eyed Slughorn curiously.

"Miss Sloan." Slughorn started. "Please make your way down to Professor Dumbledore's office, he has some very important matters to discuss with you."

Curiosity filled Katherine. She stood up and made her way to the door. She turned to look at Tom before she left, he was staring at her suspiciously.

Katherine walked down to Dumbledore's office and knocked on his door.

"Come in" he replied from behind the door.

Katherine entered. Dumbledore was sitting behind is desk with a serious expression.

"Take a seat" he said, pointing at a chair.

Katherine sat down and asked " what would you like to discuss with me professor?"

"I don't think you know this yet but I know about your mission." He said.

Katherine nodded.

"You do realize that you must go back to your own time soon. The time turners power has a limit for the amount of time a person can stay in a time period." He explained.

"How long?" Katherine asked.

Dumbledore sighed "until the end of this school year."

Katherine's eyes widened " what if that is not enough time?"

"Then I'm afraid that you would have failed your mission" he said.

Katherine stayed quite, processing the information.

"I understand that Tom and you are a couple?" He asked.

"Yes" Katherine replied.

Dumbledore frowned " so you've noticed that he's been a bit busy lately."

Katherine eyed him suspiciously " what are you trying to say?"

"He's been up to something. I see him walk into the room of requirements every second night with a group of people. Lestrange, Malfoy, Black and a couple others. They were calling themselves death eaters." Dumbledore said.

He is forming his army

Katherine felt her heart break a bit. She thought that she had changed him.

"May I leave now sir?" She asked, anger pumping through her.

He nodded.

Katherine stood up and quickly made her way out of his office. It was now lunch time and everyone was in the great hall. Katherine speed walked towards the library, she wanted to be alone. She was right at the entrance, when someone grabbed her arm.

Katherine turned around, ready to take her wand out and curse anyone to get her anger out. Tom was the one who grabbed her arm.

" what!" She yelled.

Tom looked taken aback by her reaction.

"What did Dumbledore want to talk to you about?" He asked.

"Something important" she replied through gritted teeth.

"Care to elaborate?" Tom asked, craving information.

"No." She simply answered.

"Why not?" Tom asked, getting annoyed.

" Tom, is there something you want to tell me?" Katherine asked, giving him the chance to explain himself.

He looked confused " no."

Katherine nodded " I don't want to talk to you right now, please just leave." She was about to walk into the library until Tom stopped her again.

"What's this all about?" He asked, concerned.

Katherine sighed "what have you been doing in the room of requirements?"

Tom looked surprised by her question.

"Nothing." He lied

Is it that easy for him to lie to me?

" show me your arm." She said.

"What?" He asked.

Katherine grabbed his arm and pulled up his sleeve. The mark of a Death Eater was printed on his skin.

" what's this?" She asked.

"Just a tattoo" he lied again.

Katherine clenched her fists " bye Tom" she whispered and walked into the library.

Tom didnt follow her.

She knew but how? Did Dumbledore tell her? Or did one of my death eaters?