Sign 7 Almost Exposed

It had been a week since Heart had known the queen of her dreams. She thought of her before she went to bed as her eyes got lost in the black nights and she thought of her all her way to the academy. She opened the door to her practice room and saw two marble-like, blue eyes staring at her.

'This is getting dangerous,'

Cyril stood on a wooden floor, trying to do the splits. His body was still much above the floor.
"It hurts!"
Heart laughed, "Just keep practising!"

She was teaching him about how to stretch and where to stretch, but ballet wasn't everything he was learning with her. She taught him a simple choreography and the pointe. They looked into each other's eyes as they danced. After class, they would go downtown and eat street food or grab some drinks.

She looked at him—puckered lips, shiny nails, white knuckles, strands of silky hair falling out of her loose ponytail, two different coloured eyes looking in the same direction, every look made Cyril more charming to her. But why did he wear those blue lenses? It did no justice to his looks. He turned towards her with stains of sauce around his lips, "What is it?"

She smiled, "I never knew I'm a sucker for green eyes,"
He blushed, "Well, actually one of my eyes is green,"
"I know, I saw it once,"
"Really? Well," He looked away, "So, I guess you know the other one is just blue,"

"Yeah, the blue one, it's got a different tale of its own," She moved closer to him, "It's like watching the night sky,"
He blushed, "What is up with you today?"
"I don't know. Help me figure it out,"

"I—" He turned red, "I'll go home for today, bye!"
She smiled, "Looks like I'll have to be the assertive one in our relationship,"

He was running fast. He hadn't run that much in a while. His heart was pounding, but it was not because he was running for five minutes. He stopped near the bridge and looked down at the water. His face was red, he clenched the railings. There were so many questions in his head and all of them were shouting in his head altogether, "Does she like me? But I'm a woman right now! Is this how a girl's friendship is?" He couldn't think at all, his face was hot and his chest was burning. He quickly called Edgar.

"Ayo, wassup?! We out here doing a barbeque, wanna join?" Edgar said. He was dressed in comical yellow trunks, black sunglasses and beach slippers.
"Pick me up," Cyril said.

He ate his dinner with Edgar and Skyler, that calmed him down a bit.
"I ate a lot of beacon, ah fuck! I'm feeling as crook as Rookwood so should go and see the doctor." Edgar lay on the sand and began tapping on his phone. Skyler slept beside him and Cyril stood on the other side.
"Edgar," He looked at the dark sky, sitting over the shimmering sea.
"Yeah?" Edgar looked away from his phone.

"How do you know if you have fallen for someone real bad?"
"Is it about Heart?" Edgar smirked.
"Tell me, Edgar," Cyril ignored his question "If that person makes you happy, does it mean you love them?"
Edgar smiled and looked at the stars.

"It's scary to find someone that makes you happy. You start giving them all of your attention because they are what makes you forget everything bad that's going on in your life. They're the first person you want to talk to in the morning, and the last one before you sleep just so that you can start and end your day with a smile."

Cyril smiled and Edgar looked at him, "It all sounds great to have that someone, but it's scary to think about how easily they could just leave and take that happiness away too when they go."

Cyril looked at him, "I am ready to take that risk. I really love her,"
"Well, if you really love her, learn to wait. Maybe you're not meant to be together today, but maybe in the future? I mean, you never know. If you're meant to be together, you will be together, no matter what,"