Chapter 26: Stealth

Sorry for the mistakes plz. Ignore

Third Person POV

Taehyung needs to get up and leave. He needs to run away before Jeongguk can utter even a single word further. And Taehyung hates his body---because he can't seem to move.

"You---you don't have to---". Taehyung says, wants the other to get it that he doesn't want him to speak.

"No, I have to---I want to---please Taehyung, let me." And that's the only thing that's making---forcing Taehyung to stay seated---the vulnerability in Jeongguk's eyes and his small pleading voice.

Taehyung has no idea what happened to Jeongguk, why he suddenly decided to apologize---what caused this to happen but whatever it was, Taehyung dreads it---hates it.

"No, Jeongguk---really, it's fine." Taehyung utters, laughs awkwardly but Jeongguk turns to him, looks down and Taehyung thinks it's the most vulnerable he has seen him.

But why? Why Jeongguk wants to apologize? Doesn't he love to be powerful and superior than me?

Doesn't asking for forgiveness lower you infront of the other---

No, Taehyung doesn't know that it doesn't make the other person weak---it doesn't make anyone weak, it makes you brave---sets you free.

Jeongguk wants to be free of this guilt that he used to bully the person sitting in front of him though this person didn't deserve that at all.

"You don't have to forgive me. Don't---don't forgive me, even though I'm asking for it---just, let me be honest with you now that I want to---". Jeongguk says, looks at him.

"It was all years ago Jeongguk, it doesn't matter now---".

"It does---it does matter. I know you haven't forgotten it, you still have it on your heart and I know you hate me for that---".

"I do". Taehyung says, hoping Jeongguk would stop---knowing that Taehyung won't forgive him no matter what.

Taehyung has to hold onto that one reason to keep hating Jeongguk.

"I know---I know okay but I want to get rid of this guilt and heaviness of treating you like shit because I shouldn't have done that." Jeongguk says and Taehyung gulps---knows there's no way he can escape.

"You won't get rid of that guilt because I won't forgive you." Taehyung says, voice cold.

"Then don't but atleast hear me out---don't give me what I want but I can't keep it in anymore, please---".

"Okay---fine, tell me why you were so damn kind to me back in high school." Taehyung snaps, hisses and Jeongguk looks at him with an embarrassed expression.

Taehyung wants to run away, he hates himself for being like this to Jeongguk but he can't help it---he knows what will happen once Jeongguk says everything and even if Taehyung doesn't forgive him---atleast Jeongguk has apologized.

Then it'll be upto Taehyung only that how takes it and the model knows he's gonna fall really bad and he's gonna hurt himself and Jeongguk as well---badly.

"I'm pretty sure you know very well that we both always had this---competition even when we were little. I grew up hating you because I never wanted to have someone who's better than me---". Jeongguk pauses and Taehyung looks away because be just can't look at him.

"Then in high school, I was furious that why you had to come to my school. And above all, you were always good in studies---everyone's favorite and I would loathe you for this---".