Voorpret

Voorpret (Dutch); pre-fun, the sense of enjoyment felt before a party or event takes place.

C H A P T E R    F O R T Y 

My little heart could barely be still with the impossibly large amount of joy that burst through its door, uninvited. All it took Noah was a fuckin' sentence, and he'd sent my sanity to question itself in a far off, unknown land. It was absolutely unaccountable for, how easily he was able to sweep the ground below my feet, making me fall in a bottomless pit which was filled with reverence for him. It didn't take a lot to count yourself lucky when you had yourself surrounded by people who made you realise what it felt like to be valued.

It terrified me to my very core what losing him would do to me, I shuddered at the thought of it. I had been in relationships before, and I knew that it was like to smile at the idea of the particular person without them being physically present, but with Noah, it was different. His beautiful being had clawed its way into my life in such a way that my mind was incapable of tiring itself while thinking about him. Call me cheesy, but it is an absolute blessing to feel the euphoria of being with your person.

Our relationship wasn't all 'baby' and 'honey' the whole time, it had a piece of everything, and I could not get enough of it. Noah had a quality about himself that I couldn't put into words, but it instantly made everyone around him, love him. Anyone who knew Noah closely was in awe of him. I hadn't come across a single person who knew him well enough and didn't like him. Besides his cheeky smile and mesmerising green eyes, his passion towards caring about the people who mattered to him is what managed to pull so much of love for him.

Noah was not only strong; he was brave. He had not only managed to face every problem in his life, but he had also managed to faced them head-on. He always had such a beautiful smile placed on that face of his that you could barely scrape the surface of the scars that lied underneath. He was narcissistic but just the correct measure. His confidence was inspiring because it never decreased, and he had enough self-control not to let it turn into overconfidence.

I found confidence to be an incredibly sexy quality, and to my luck, my man seemed to have just the right amount.

The night descended as it made way for the sun to continue with its routine so that the world could fall into its own. I scrambled out of bed briskly, grateful for the end of the night. I didn't catch much sleep with the destructive interference of my nightmares. The only night I did was when I had the pleasure of falling asleep to the steady rate of Noah's heartbeat. 

I had only one class today; which I couldn't be happier about. I quickly got ready to get that class done and over with, so I could chill around the rest of the day. 

The evening came sooner than I realised, and I was surrounded by open textbooks and papers with random information scribbled on them. I tied my hair in a bun and started organising stuff. I was supposed to be hanging out with Jay, but as it seemed, the professor wanted everything by the end of the week, which was three days after. I told him I was gonna be late because my work seemed to multiply itself by each second, and the pace at which time was flying was crazy. 

Another forty-five minutes later, I finally closed all my books and managed to shift the whole mess from the floor to my bed, not bothering at the slightest to keep it all back into its place. I could picture Noah groaning at me because of how irritating this mess would be to him. I picked up my phone to call him but stopped halfway because I realised he would be at practice.

I put on joggers and Noah's hoodie and took my coat and headed off to his apartment. The door to their apartment was unlocked and I walked-in without ringing the bell because it had become a custom for me and Scarlett to do so whenever we came by. I entered to see Jay sitting down, with his back to the couch, a controller in his hand and a bag of chips and a bottle of beer next to him. Did they do anything else except go to practice and playing video games?