Chapter 9:

My eyes shifted as I stared up at the window, with no recollection of where I was.

There were chains connected to the bed frame, which were clasped onto my thin wrists. "The hell?"

I heard a door open and I looked up, shocked to see Cain. "How-"

"Be quiet." He demanded, nearing me. I quickly shut my mouth and looked down, scared and shocked to see such an angry expression.

He stared at me with such anger, it sent shivers down my spine. I was in no position to piss him off now.

"Listen, I know I made you mad, but, uh, this kinda hurts...."

Cain turned his head and walked out, leaving me annoyed. "Damn. They really are mad." I commented aloud, wondering why he came here in the first place. 

I hung my head low as I looked at my surroundings. I was in my room, but it was unfamiliar. There were no windows or color, which made my eyes widen in realization.

I pulled at the chains, feeling my hearbeat grow faster.

But the sound of the door opening interrupting my panic. This time it was Chase.

Though I thought he would be mad, like Cain, he wasn't. He looked more relieved than mad. He quickly unlocked the chains around my wrists and sighed as I rubbed my wrists.

"That was a big mistake, Cody."

I silenty gazed up at him, worry obvious on my face. "Why?"

Chase sighed. "From this day forward, you aren't allowed to leave the house, or our sights."

My eyes grew wide as I gulped.

I had nothing to say. Even if it was my fault, why didn't they understand? Why can't they just let me go?

I gripped onto Chase's shirt as I began to let tears slip down my cheeks. I was silently pleading to him, but I knew there was nothing he could change. 

So I silently cried into him, feeling hopeless and afraid of what would happen to me.

"I don't want to stay......!" I made out, desperately clinging to him as if I were a sinner begging for forgiveness.

But he pulled away, an expression full of mixed emotions overcoming his usually cheerful face. "I'm sorry." He apologized before turning his back and leaving me.

I could only watch in agonizing pain as the light faded, and I was left alone with nothing but my thoughts.

I looked up one last time, silently hoping for someone, anyone, to come through and stay with me.

I counted.

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

But nobody came.

My heart thumped loudly as all my other emotions began to disperse, and was replaced by anger.

I rubbed my aching wrists and sighed as I wiped my eyes.

"I'm not staying here. I will escape." I promised myself, though it felt unrealistic.

-----------

My eyes shot open as soon as I felt someone's fingers on my face.

"The hell?!" I yelled, backing up. But I was relieved to see a familiar face that I didn't hate.

"Arc! What're you don't here?" I asked, a smile spreading. He returned the smile, but his was sad.

"You were dragged back here by Jasper. He probably knocked you out."

"Jasper?" I asked, tilting my head.

He nodded, his eyebrows throwing together. "Look, Cody, I know I said I wouldn't help you if you got caught, but I'm going to help you anyway. These guys are crazier about you than I thought."

My eyes widened as I threw myself at him. "Really?! You'll help me?"

He nodded, a now relaxed smile growing. "Yeah. But you'll have to wait. I'll need to cook up a plan and gather some Intel. So until then, just keep on the down low. Do whatever they ask you to, and try to behave."

I nodded excitedly, willing to do anything to leave this place.

"They aren't going to make the same mistake three times, Okay? They've resorted to drastic measures, so try to get them when their guards down."

I nodded once again as Arc kept whispering plans to me. But I couldn't help the loud thumping of my heart as excitement and relief flooded throughout me.

I finally had an ally.....

In this dreaded world I've always hated, someone had finally taken my side.

Finally.

---------------

Cain's eyes met Jasper's. "Someone saw him?"

Jasper nodded, his emotionless face remaining still. "His face was hidden, but they heard his voice. It probably wasn't anything important, but what if....."

"Dispose of the witness."

Jasper looked up at Cain. "What?"

"You heard me. Kill them. Kill him. I don't care. Just get rid of the witness. I don't want another case."

Jasper nodded, though he knew it wasn't right, he didn't care too much, to be honest.

"Yes sir."

He turned his back and walked towards the exit as words echoed across his head.

"I'll kill them." He promised as the doors shut behind him.

He paused as he passed the room Cody was in and gently laid his ear upon the door, wanting to hear if he had awaken.

But he didn't just hear Cody's voice, he heard one more.

But he couldn't make out what he was saying.

He backed away before shaking his head. It was probably one of the other boys.

Probably.