⚓️ FIFTEEN ~ HURT ⚓️

Still reeling from the fact that she possessed her father's powers, Maddy barely registered that the other three had returned from their bike chase

Still reeling from the fact that she possessed her father's powers, Maddy barely registered that the other three had returned from their bike chase. As the barrier was closing once more, two muscular bodies jumped through, rolled, and clambered to their feet. Acting on instinct, Maddy unsheathed her sword and pointed it at the two escapees. Upon seeing that it was Harry and Gil, she didn't lower it. If anything, she raised it with more determination.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Harry tried to brush off the hurt he felt at her pointing a sword at him. Although, he noticed that Maddy looked jumpy and spooked by something.

"Hey, guys. We're just coming for a wee visit." Harry announced, cheerily.

Anger getting the best of him, Jay shoved Harry back towards the barrier. During the scuffle, somebody bumped into Mal, who was standing too close to the edge of the water. Over went the ember, down into the swirling depths of the ocean.

"No!"

The water began churning and frothing causing the VKs to back away from it.

"Drop something?" Uma taunted, waving the ember around.

"It can't get wet. Give it back before it goes out." Mal pleaded, reaching for it. Unfortunately, she was at a disadvantage due to her being on land and Uma being in the water.

Transforming back to her human self, Uma stood in front of Harry and Gil, ember in hand.

"Uma?" They both exclaimed, joyed to see their Captain. Maddy didn't feel the same way.

Seeing the three of them reunite had her anger spiking again, since touching the crystal, she was quick to anger and slow to calm down.

"Give it back, Uma. People's lives depend on that!" Mal begged, the fate of her kingdom lying in the hands of a woman who had a grudge against her.

Uma pretended to contemplate whether she should which had Maddy prickling with fury. Stalking towards the blue haired girl, Maddy's hands burst into flames, as did her hair, and she demanded Uma hand the ember over.

"Well, that's new." Carlos gaped at his best friend whilst everyone (but Uma, Mal and Celia) took a step back.

Harry stared at the woman he loved with wide eyes and slight awe. Electric blue looked good on her.

"You might want to chill down, Princess."

Looking down at her hands and the strands of hair blowing in her face, Maddy forced the flames to dissipate, shoving her hands into her pocket. Once the heat from her fire had gone, the VKs took one step closer to her.

"Give it to me."

"Guarantee that every VK that wants of the Isle can get off." Uma bargained.

"Nice to see that there are people you care about leaving behind." Maddy seethed.