Waiting,For You!

Anika's operation is going on.Outside, Shivaay falls into deep thoughts-

"Why did not I correct sister when she referred Anika as my wife?I had time still couldn't!What happened to me then?What sister assumed was a downright lie!Still I wasn't feeling any uneasiness that time.Even now thinking on it, neither my heart is in conflict nor asking anything,any question.

Looks like whatever happened, happened as something good and well expected!Since Anika has come into my life,that was the first time when I was not confused at all......Am I thinking too much on a simple misunderstanding or matter is something else? Whatever it is,I will clear everything once operation gets over.Yes,this is the only way..........."

He checks the time.It's 10:15 pm.Two hours have passed since the operation started.Waiting seems endless outside the OT...... Around 12:30 am green light of the OT turns on and doctor comes out.Shivaay rushes to him-

S: Doctor,how is A..Anika?And operation?

D: Operation is successful but.....

S: But?But what doctor?He is panicked.

D: Mr.Oberoi,we have managed to stop the bleeding and treated her outer level damage for the time being.But the main concern is inner damage as she got wound in the head.To know the exact problem,we have to wait for the latest report.Bleeding was heavy so patient's condition was more critical.

Now our prime target and priority is to get her consciousness back.Once she gets that,she will be out of danger.And provided with all the reports,we will be able to decide what needs to be done next.But it can be tough for the patient to remain stable in that condition.Pray to God that she remains stable by any means.We are shifting her in the ICU.Patient will be under observation,for next 48 hours.Stay strong Mr.Oberoi.Anything can happen in these hours.We are trying our level best.Rest is in the hands of God.................. Doctor leaves.

Shivaay turns silent hearing doctor's words.OT's door opens and nurses come out taking Anika with them.Shivaay follows them like a lifeless being to the ICU.Standing outside the glass wall of ICU,he tries to touch Anika.Her eyes are shut but looking like she is dreaming peacefully,after a long time.Tears well up in Shivaay's eyes.

Tears well up in Shivaay's eyes

"Anika,I had brought you here in the hope of bringing happiness in your life.Never thought in my wildest dream that you have to face such a day.It was my decision to make you meet your family.Whatever has happened today,only I am responsible for that.I am responsible for your present condition,yes.

You are fighting for your life because of me.I shouldn't have brought you here at all.Have made many decisions till today.All of them resulted in success.I was so confident when I made that specific decision for you.For the first time my decision went totally wong way.It has costed me hugely.If something happens to you na Anika,I will not be able to forgive myself,ever........."

Next Morning

____________

Hospital becomes busy as usual in the morning.Shakti and Omkara have reached Delhi and now they are in the hospital.They inquire about Shivaay at the reception then moves ahead.Om notices Shivaay at a little distance,sitting.He calls him out.Hearing Om's voice he stands up.Om comes running towards him and hugs-

O: Look at you!What have you done to yourself?Go and look in the mirror.You will get frightened!

Shakti: Shivaay dear,Om told us everything.We were so worried for you.Your Mom created big ruckus in the home.She was adamant to come with us.Thank God that Ma stopped her.

O: And only I know how I managed Rudra.15 calls have come in last one hour.By the way,why are you not answering phone?I was trying since long.

S: Sorry I didn't notice.Battery was down and I forgot to put on charge.I made you all worked up.He looks down.

Shakti: It's okay dear.Everything will be fine by the grace of God.How is Anika dear?

S: She is under observation of 48 hours.Until she gets conscious, nothing can be told.Anika's condition is very critical Papa.

Shakti: May God protect her from all the danger.Ma prayed for Anika and arranged a special puja for her recovery (Removing something from the pocket)She gave this thread and told to tie it in Anika's hand.She will recover soon....... Shivaay takes the thread from his hand.

With doctor's permission,he enters into the ICU then ties the thread around Anika's wrist,very carefully.Shivaay holds her hand in his hand then says in mind-

"Nothing will happen to you.My heart is saying that.I won't let anything happen to you.For that I will do anything.You just wake up.I will never leave you alone,I promise.Just open your eyes Anika........"

Om is watching him from outside.Shivaay puts down Anika's hand on the bed,very slowly.He comes out.

O: I am sure you haven't slept for a second and eaten as well.I have booked a room for you in the motel Purple Orchid.Our Delhi guest house is little far from here otherwise everything could be arranged there.Go and get yourself tidy first.Looking at you no-one will be able to recognize that you are Shivaay Singh Oberoi! Om tries to laugh.

Shakti: Om is right Shivaay dear.If you fall sick,your mother won't spare me.Go and take some rest.We are here to look after Anika.

Shivaay glances through the glass wall into the ICU.Doctors and nurses are around Anika.He leaves for the motel.Shakti and Om are waiting outside then suddenly Om's phone rings-

O: Who is it?Gauri is on the call.

G: Can I speak to Mr.Shivaay Singh Oberoi? It's urgent.His phone is unreachable so I have been given this number to contact him.

O: Okay but who are you?May I know that?

G: Sorry I forgot to introduce myself.I am Gauri-Anika di is my sister.l want to meet her.Mr.Oberoi perhaps can tell me her whereabouts.

O: I understood.But listen to me very carefully what I am going to say right now.......Om explains all the incidents to Gauri.Finishing he hangs up.

Shakti: Who was on the call Om beta?

Om: It's Anika's sister Gauri,Chote Papa.She is coming here........Om looks inside the ICU.