BC: Ryder Proposes

Ryder

"Hurry the hell up!" I shout to Lucas as he begins running down the field.

Why the fuck am I so nervous?

My palms sweat as my leg shakes up and down.

"What did they say?" I ask, looking straight forward.

Lucas reaches me, not out of breath at all. He passes me a note.

"That's what they said is available, boss." He pulls the chair across from me and sits down.

This piece of land I managed to buy from a local realtor has become the training ground and group hangout, over the years. We built a 3 story high building filled with toys and gadgets for all ages. We also use it as a venue that can be rented out. It was a great investment. Lucas and I sit behind it, in the backyard.

Lucas stares off into nowhere, tapping his chair with his shoe, as I read the note, looking up at him, almost annoyed

"Stop tapping your foot." I snap at him.

He looks up at me and smiles, bringing both his hands up in surrender.

"I'll let it slide cause you're stressed out, but there's no reason for you to feel this, I don't want to say it, but scared." Lucas states, letting his arms fall back down.

I shake my head.

"You don't get it, it feels like nowadays, Rose is getting tired of me. She sleeps early without me, snaps at me for little things, and rolls her eyes every time I wink at her. That used to be our thing. Ugh, and yesterday she gagged when I brought her her favorite seafood plate. She told me to "get that shit away from her" and stormed off like she was about to throw up. I don't know if she even...loves me at this point." I put my head in my hands and sigh.

"She been on edge like that with everyone lately, I don't know maybe she's on her period or something." He shrugs.

I shake my head at him and roll my eyes.

"It's never been this bad. She feels so distant." I pick my head up and look at the sunset in the distant.

"Well everything you asked for is set up and ready for tomorrow, so do you still want to go through with it?" Lucas asks and I smack him upside his head.

"Don't ask stupid questions. If I don't do this now, she might be completely out of reach later. I need her to be mine and me to be hers. Forever. For the rest of our lives."

She can't leave me. It would hurt to live if she did. I wouldn't be able to recover. I'd live with constant pain, pounding in my chest, alongside my heart beating.

Please still be in love with me, Rose.

"I'll tell the boys were on then." Lucas rubs his head and gets up, walking towards the parking lot.

I nod.

My hands tremble slightly as my emotions try to get the better of me.

Tommorow, everything changes and hopefully in the best ways possible.

Rose

I sit on the toilet, stunned at what I see.

Two lines clearly show on the stick I just peed on and I can't believe it.

I've been grouchy and sick for the last couple of weeks. I would wake up early every day the last week to throw up again and again, to the point where if I wanted a good night's sleep, I would have to sleep early. So I did.