CHAPTER 135: Could It Be That You Want To Kill Me?

Full Etrans: Anne Noh

At the end of the dinner party, the leaders exchanged a few words of gratitude and withdrew from the dinner under the help of the secretary.

Chi Yuan Duan and Guo Cheng Yu's father also had quite a lot of drink, talking about the old time, it became and endless topics.

In the end, there were only Chi Cheng's father and Guo Cheng Yu's father left in the room, Guo Cheng Yu's father was interested chatting with Chi Cheng, he patted Chi Cheng's shoulders and said: "son, bring [1] Èr Diē to see your little snake farm."

[T/N: [1] Èr Diē (pronounce like Er Dee/Di) is second father, only used when you regard someone older (usually same age as your parents) in the same level your father (usually your godfather). If not, one would just call older man as uncle.]

From childhood, Chi Cheng had always called Guo Cheng Yu's father Èr Diē.

The word Chi Yuan Duan detest to hear was "snake", if it wasn't for the sake of today's lively atmosphere and he didn't want to ruin the atmosphere, even if he died he still didn't want to see those evil creatures again.

After entering the snake farm, Mr. Guo expressed a strong interest in the pet snakes in the farm, and he kept on asking questions. Although Guo Cheng Yu also raises snakes, he wasn't really interested in it, probably because Guo Cheng Yu never doted himself in raising those snakes, therefore, Mr. Guo has no obvious affection and dislike those snakes.

Now that he saw see so many colourful snakes, he felt that snake could be so beautiful.

"What about giving one to godfather? I will raise if for a couple of days, I will bring it back to you if it didn't work well."

Despite knowing that Mr. Guo was merely joking, Chi Yuan Duan's complexion still changed, having squabbling with his son for so many years, he clearly understood Chi Cheng's temperament. He care about nothing but his snakes, he completely disregarded his biological father for snakes, so long he didn't touch even one of his snakes, anyone who mess with his snakes is asking for death.

Therefore, Chi Yuan Duan kept on reprimanding Chi Cheng using his gaze, instead of forcing Chi Cheng to give the snake, he warned him to turn down his godfather politely.

Guo Cheng Yu was also very understanding today, he explained slowly to his father at the side: "he had raised those snakes for many years, how can he willingly give it to you? If you want to raise one just go to my snake farm!"

[T/N: He wasn't being rude despite the exclamation mark. He used polite 'you' and exclamation is just to show he was being serous about his word.]

Unexpectedly, Mr. Guo retorted back, "I dislike your snakes, I like snakes that were raised by my godson."

The atmosphere had become slightly awkward.

Chi Cheng suddenly said, "beside from the snake around my neck, feel please to pick any snake, just take any snake that you like."

Hearing this, Guo Cheng Yu's expression changed, and Chi Yuan Duan was even more surprised than him.

Chi Cheng didn't even say it as a joke, but he even picked up a Ball Python that he had raised for four years and handed it to Guo.

"What about this snake?"

Mr. Guo shook his head.

Chi Cheng once again chose several snakes, all of which were more vibrant in colour and gentle temperament, and some of it were also snakes that Chi Cheng cherished for years. Looking at Chi Cheng's calm face as he selected one by one, Guo Cheng Yu's heart had an indescribable feeling.