1.2

(Lil' A/N before we dive in! I recommend you play The song above, to get the full effect of this chapter. Also, this chapter is longer than usual and yeah... buckle up kids.)

ØØØØ

ØØØØ

AMBER MAXIMOFF WAS not prepared at all for this 'time heist'. Her stomach churned and twisted anxiously as she stood in front of her bedroom mirror in the red and white suit, awaiting a call from her teammates. The girl had braided her hair out of her face, letting a few stray hairs hang. Her fingers lightly ran over a worn picture, which was stuck onto the corner of her mirror, the picture displayed her small, broken family on Christmas, surrounded by presents and lights.

Pietro and Amber we're pulling funny faces at the camera while Wanda and her parents were captured laughing. It was her favorite item she owned; it was the only thing that reminded her and kept her connected to her family. It was crazy to think that Amber was the last remaining Maximoff, They started out with five, then three, then two, and then unfortunately one. To say she missed them would be an understatement, she missed her parents, she missed Pietro, she missed Wanda.

Whenever Wanda was a topic of conversation, Amber would steer clear and the heavy weight of guilt placed itself upon her. Although what happened between Wanda and her, wasn't exactly Ambers fault, the girl felt guilty that she didn't try hard enough to reconnect. A soft knock rang through her room, Amber lifted her head and looked towards Natasha, who leaned against the door frame in an identical suit to the girls. Natasha glanced at what Amber was previously looking at and offered the girl a soft smile.

"You visit him lately?" She asked, nodding towards Pietro in the picture. The girls head drooped slightly as she nodded. "Last night, when I came back." Amber replied, "Are they ready?".

"Mhmm..." Natasha confirmed, stretching her hand out, "Come on, duty calls". Amber chuckled and took the woman's hand, letting herself be pulled out of the room. Natasha finally let go of Ambers hand when they approached the rest of the team.

Steve nodded towards the two, and together, all of the Avengers walked in sync towards the time machine, all wearing the exact same Quantum Suits, albeit with some minor differences for different people such as, Rhodey who had a repaint of the War machine armor. Amber stifled a laugh as they walked, she felt like she was apart of some renowned boy band, that were on their tour of the world. Everyone filed onto the platform and gathered in a circle.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back." Steve begun, "You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win." Amber shot a smile in Nats direction as Tony did the same to Steve. "Whatever it takes. Good luck." Steve finished.