iv ☆ you're such a fucking bitch

🌱

🌱

It had been about three weeks since I last talked to Suki. Her and Fez had this weird thing going and he was helping her get through shit, no matter how many times she refused, saying she didn't wanna bother him. I was so caught up with Jules lately that I forgot I had other friends besides her.

"Rue!" Suki calls out to her supposed best friend, "Rue!"

"Hey, Suki, what's up?" Rue and Jules turn around.

"Can we talk real quick?" Suki asks.

"We can talk right here," Rue shrugs.

Jules watches the interaction, getting a little uncomfortable, "I can see you later–"

"No, it's cool. Suki, what's up?"

"What the fuck, Rue? I'm supposed to be your best friend and you fucking disappeared on me, I've seen you one time since you came back. You been hanging around Jules and I'm not blaming her, but I mean, last time I saw you, it was at that stupid fucking party at McKay's. And I'm not saying you can't have more than one best friend, but fuck man! What the fuck!" Rue stares at Suki silently, "What? So you not gon' say nothin' now?"

"I liked you better when you were on drugs," Rue mutters, rolling her eyes.

"And I liked you better when you were in rehab," Suki spits harshly.

I know I shouldn't've said that and what she said did hurt, but the drugs in my system stopped me from caring. Suki was my best friend, my platonic soulmate and I just hoped she would forgive me after all this bullshit.

"That's real fucking proud, Suki," Rue steps up to the girl. "You think you're hot shit because you're sober now? I fucking know how miserable you are and don't forget you used to be just like me."

"And my biggest regret is letting you get me wrapped up in all your shit. Don't forget that you're just as miserable and at least I got the strength to actually get my shit together and stay sober. You ain't even tried."

Rue rolled her eyes. She knows that Suki was speaking the truth, but she didn't want to hear it, so she grabs Jules's hand instead and pushes past Suki.

🌱

"So let's start with a little improvisation. I'd like each of you to get up and tell us a five-minute story about your summer..." Rue curls up into the side to try and hide from Mrs. Applegate, "Looks like we have our first volunteer: Rue."