chapter twenty-seven

After dinner, we hung out in the living room

Journey was glued to me and wouldn't let me go at all. Not even to the bathroom.

Journey was slowly getting tired and I rocked her back and forth.

"I never seen her so attached to anyone like that."

"I'm not just anyone you know?" I said jokingly and flipped my hair.

Jax chuckles. "Of course not."

I walked upstairs with Jax following me and I put her in her crib. She rolls around and sleeps in her comfortable position which is on her belly with her left leg and arm out.

"She's so peaceful." I smiled.

"Yeah."

We headed downstairs.

Issac and Levi had already buckled the babies in their car and were ready to leave.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I say looking up to his beautiful eyes.

He nods. I tiptoed and gave him a kiss on his cheek. Before I could make it out the door he pulls me back.

He places his hands cupping my cheeks and pecks my lips.

"Goodnight Brynnley." He whispers causing goosebumps to rise on my arms.

"Goodnight Jax." I walked out the door dazed.

The more he touched me, the more I would melt. I've never felt this feeling even with Braxton.

The whole way home I could just think about how Jax made me feel compared to any other guy.

I got changed and just got in bed without thinking about anything else.

~

"Make sure to hand in your community service hours by the end of the second-quarter!" One of the guidance counselors tells us.

We had a senior town hall. Senior town halls were always boring. It was always about our pictures, grades, community services hours, money, and many more boring things.

I looked around and noticed that Jax didn't come today either. I felt empty almost. It's been two weeks since the dinner and two weeks since Jax came.

I walked around and found Dylan and tapped him.

"Wassup?" He asks.

"Where's Jax? He hasn't been to school in two weeks." I asked with a lot of concern. My stomach churned as soon as I thought of something bad happening to him.

He pulls me to the side where no one else was.

"His dad is in town." He whispers.

"What's so bad about his dad?"

"He's an abusive asshole. If he doesn't get what he wants he won't hesitate to kill any of them. Whenever he is around, Jax and his mom can't leave the house for anything and now that Journey is there too Jax will do anything and everything to make sure he doesn't touch her." His eyes turn darker obviously he is angry and irritated.

"Can we do anything to help?" My heart started pacing quickly.

"No, his dad is reckless. If he sees you helping Jax or his mom he'll kill you."

"Dylan we have to try and do something. How long has this been going on?"

"He comes back every 6 months. This has been going on since middle school."

"And he hasn't been arrested?" I said angrily.

"He has always gotten away. He's on every police force wanted list."

"Jeffrey Monroe," I whispered to myself.

"How did you—" His eyes got bigger.

"I saw it in my cousin's book. It was a list of all the wanted criminals from around the world. That's his dad?"

He nods, "So you know what he does for a living?" His teeth clenched and his jaw twitches a little.

"Human trafficking, drug dealing, selling illegal guns yeah I know. Maybe my cousin and uncle could help since they're well you know in the police force."

"He would use Jax, his mom, or even Journey as a shield for him to get away." He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Not unless we get them out first," I suggested.

...........................................................................................................

published: september 12th, 2020

Also sorry if this chapter is short, I was stressed out this week and this was all I could come up with lmao. I'm sorry but I hope everyone has a good weekend.