18

Flashback

Almost 600 years ago

The vampire wiped the blood off his mouth as he left the dead body where it was. He took too much blood again. That was the first human he'd seen in 80 years and he accidentally killed them. Great. He shook his head and walked back through the overgrown forest to his large house where Jin would probably be making dinner.

The vampire stopped when his ears picked up a small sound he estimated was about half of a mile away. Maybe it was an animal. They could actually use some more food, Yoongi thought.

He carefully pushed branches out of his way as he walked towards the source of the sound. He pushed past a thick, prickly bush and stopped. His eyes went wide.

A small black wolf pup was laid down next to a white, adult wolf. He presumed it was the pup's mother. Yoongi could tell from where he was standing that the wolf was a female. He sniffed the air.

She was dead.

The skinny, black wolf pup lifted it's head up weakly to look at the intruder. He looked so unhealthy he might as well have been dead too. Yoongi remained completely still, not sure what he should do.

When he realized what happened, he felt like he wanted to cry. So he did. That was the first and only time he ever cried.

The pup was starving to death. Staying by it's mother's side, waiting for her to wake up so he could nurse. But she never did.

After Yoongi wiped his tears, he carefully stepped closer to the pup, not wanting to scare him. The wolf didn't even move. Probably too weak to.

He carefully scooped the delicate creature onto his lap. The pup made a soft sound, and for a moment Yoongi thought he had hurt it. He froze, not wanting to hurt it again by any sudden movements if it were injured somewhere.

But the pup wasn't hurt. He simply pressed himself closer to Yoongi's torso by using the little strength he had left.

Yoongi felt stupid. Of course the pup was cold. It was winter.

Yoongi took off his coat and gently maneuvered the pup to wrap it around him. Yoongi had only been wearing a thin shirt underneath, however, it didn't matter if he was cold. He was a vampire. He was always cold. At least, internally.

He carefully stood, cradling the wolf in his arms like he would somehow break it. He took his time walking back to the mansion, afraid any sudden movements he made would hurt the wolf. He didn't know why he cared so much, but he knew he wouldn't be letting this one go. He was Yoongi's now. Yoongi saved him.

"Jin." Yoongi called out as he stepped inside the mansion.

"Ye- oh my God." Jin rushed up to the vampire when he saw the small wolf cradled in his arms.

Jin carefully took the wolf from Yoongi, fed him plenty of meat until he stopped eating. He gave him water and washed him. Then after he was dried off, he went into his workshop to get a vial.

"This'll allow him to human. He will be able to change back and forth between his human and wolf self when he learns how to control it." Jin held up the glass bottle to show Yoongi. He nodded.

After a bit of a struggle, Jin managed to get the wolf to take the liquid. For the first few days, he stayed in his wolf form. After about four days he figured out how to control when he changed. So he turned human. The pup was really smart for only being about a week old. He was a bit timid at first, and kept in his pup form for the first few months. Yoongi couldn't help but find it cute.