XX.

☾ °☆

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"portland is fantastic once you can get over all the whiney music and healthy looking people. it's literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

klaus answered his ringing phone without so much of a glance to the screen, the man already knowing who'd be calling. jocelyn rolled her eyes at his dramatic words. she loved every moment in portland, but felt as if the only reason the two were in the city was for the wolves, not because she'd wished it.

"your father's dead." stefan's voice was heard on the other end of the phone. jocelyn pulled her hand from klaus' at the words.

"what did you say to me?" klaus asked the vampire, an unknown emotion etched on his features. jocelyn watched with worried eyes.

"oh, my mistake. not your actual father, and not dead. mikael. daggered. what do you want me to do with the body?"

"well, first, i want you to explain to me exactly what happened." klaus' anger began to peak. "i want to see him. i want to see his rotting body for myself."

"well, he's here." stefan replied to the hybrid. jocelyn quirked an eyebrow, getting a strange feeling at the information she was ease-dropping in on. "come by whenever."

jocelyn and klaus met eyes for a moment. klaus could see the uneasy look in her eye. he let out a breath.

"if you're lying to me, stefan, you'll compulsion will expose you. so answer with your life. is what you're saying the truth?"

"it's true. i saw it with my own eyes."

"rebekah?" jocelyn said to the hybrid.

klaus kept his eyes on the heretic as he spoke. "i want to talk to rebekah."

"that's not a problem. she's right here." stefan spoke before there was a moment of silence.

"hello, nik." rebekah's voice was heard.

"rebekah, love, whats this i hear about mikaels tragic run-in with a dagger?" klaus felt jocelyn intertwine their hands once again in a sense to comfort him.

"it's true. he's finally out of our lives for good." rebekah lied to her brother, feeling guilt build the longer she spoke to the man. "i miss you— and that witchy hybrid you're with. i'm miserable here."

"we'll be home soon." klaus told his sister, squeezing jocelyns hand slightly.

"good." rebekah replied shortly. "i'll see you then, brother."