~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 ~

Chapter Eleven: MM

The next morning Lina made sure she was the first one awake in her dorm, she had barely slept the night before, her mind was buzzing with thoughts of the mirror, her parents and what Snape did yesterday

The sun had only just fully gone up when Lina was changed and out of the Hufflepuff common room, her plan for the day was simple: avoid people and try not to think about that mirror. The great hall was empty apart from a few prefects. Since it was Saturday Lina suspected the hall wouldn't be busy until nine-ish.

She ate her porridge and drank her pumpkin juice ignoring the looks she was getting from the Slytherin table. Just when she was ready to leave a single owl flew into the great hall and dropped a letter off in front of her, her uncle's messy handwriting was on the front. She pocketed the letter and left the hall.

Lina wasn't sure where to go but finally decided on the library, she picked a seat at the very back right by the window overlooking the grounds. She leaned back in the chair looking out to the grounds, she could see the morning dew on the grass blades, Daisy's dotted around breaking up the sea of green, the sun was just at the tip of the trees that belonged to the forbidden forest and best of all it was a peaceful sight, not another student around.

Lina glanced down at the desk her uncle's letter staring up at her but that wasn't the only thing on the desk. Engraved onto the table was the initials MM, it looked like it had been there awhile. Lina laughed to herself, MM just so happened to be her mother's initials, of course, it was her luck that the random table she picked was her mother's, or that of another student who had the same initials, with what she hoped was her mother's initials in front of her she decided to read her uncles letter.

Dear Lina,

Hufflepuff! That's amazing, I'm so proud of you. Don't worry yourself about Peeves too much, he bothered me plenty of times at school but really he's harmless. I'm glad you have Dora, especially in your first year or I'd be worried about you so much more.
Go to the library when you get time, the far back desk overlooking the grounds was your mother's favourite spot for doing homework or if she wanted some peace and quiet, she often said the lighting was perfect so I'm sure you'll love it.
I have had no problems, everything is well. I'm just glad to hear from you.
I miss and love you Lina,
Remus.
P.S write to me whenever you want no matter if it's exciting or not.

Lina folded the letter back up, she supposed she should write and tell Remus about yesterday's events but honestly how would that go. "Hi Uncle Remus, yesterday Snape told my whole potions class that my father is Sirius Black and now the whole school knows so I've been doing everything to avoid all human contact." No, she'd tell him but not yet.