19 | To Catch A Jedi

A/N: I saw that Ewan McGregor was trending on Twitter and I got nervous, thinking that something bad had happened

A/N: I saw that Ewan McGregor was trending on Twitter and I got nervous, thinking that something bad had happened... but I clicked on it and saw that he is more then likely REPRISING HIS ROLE AS OBI-WAN AND I'M TELLING YOU I SCREAMED. THAT'S ALL I'VE EVER WANTED.

~

      Dakota stood beside the wise Master Yoda that morning on the landing platform, in the midst of a funeral that was taking place in the center of the city on Coruscant. This is what Master Mace Windu had called to tell her about. Gentle wind blew her dark hair that was held in a half-up, half-down style. She remained a ways away behind the republic Senator Padmé Amidala, who held a grieving look in her chocolate brown eyes.

The young politicion had sunken shoulders as she watched her murdered mentor lay lifeless in the coffin. He was being transported to his home planet for a proper burial. Dakota had spoken to Onaconda Farr only a handful of times, but she recalled him fondly, level-headed and wise. A good man caught in the mix of the clone war and endless corruption.

Once his marble coffin was loaded into the chartered transportation vessel, Dakota spun slowly on her feet to face the pacifist Mandalorian Duchess who stood at the other end of the platform. She was also a friend of Farr's, and had flown out here to the Republic Capitol in order to pay her respects to her fallen comrade. Satine met eyes with the Jedi, sending her a nod. She wore her traditional blue ceremonial attire, with her hair held in its signature hair piece. Her fingers were linked together at her waist as she watched the departure.

After speaking to Padmé and giving her condolences, Dakota approached Satine incuriously and gave a small bow in her presence. The personal guards at her side stood up straighter in their positions.

"Duchess"

"Master Ky" Satine nodded with a smile, already fully expecting for the Jedi to speak with her at some point. It had been awhile since they had last been in contact "It is good to see you. I'm glad to see that you are looking well" she eyed her with her sharp blue eyes "I heard that you had fallen ill not too long ago"

"It was nothing too serious"

"Well, from what was described to me, it sounded pretty serious"

"It's a known fact that Master Kenobi tends to over exaggerate" she crossed her arms, nodding some hair out from her face so that it hung back over her shoulder "Anyway, I don't want to talk about me" her tone switched to a more emotional tone "I wanted to tell you... how sorry I am. I know that Senator Farr was a friend of yours" she apologized deeply with her fingers linked together behind her back "And he will he remembered among us for a long, long time"