Chapter 19

HIIIIII! Guess where I might be going this weekend? San Diego! (More specifically Los Angeles, but I'm making time to travel to San Diego.) I'm going to visit the famous aquarium where my story takes place! \^o^/ If you wanna follow me on my trip, I'll be posting on story insta at -> andie_s.e

Also, I will no longer be updating on Mondays anymore. Today will be the last time I update on Mondays. I will start updating on Fridays. So I will be updating this coming up Friday as well. So you will be getting two updates this week. Whoop, whoop! However, I will be resuming to update once a week.

As always, thank you so much for your support/comments and votes!

Enjoy~

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Tristen

Pain exploded across my cheek and I spat out blood. I tossed my head back and laughed. "I barely felt that one." I sat back in my chair that I was tied to with thick, metal chain. My long tail stretched out from the chair to the floor, flickered with glee. I grinned madly at the dark fay with fiery red hair and even fierier temper.

    Burn growled. "Shut up, you bastard!" His timbre of his voice echoed in the small, white room. There were no windows, only one steel door to enter and exit and a strong smell infiltrated the small room. It reeked of antiseptic. I glanced up to the wide mirror in front of me, trying to see through the fake mirror but only coming up with my reflection. My face was beginning to take up a mottled color and blood dribbled down my chin. Burn paced between me and the mirror. Hm, he's an impatient one... He leaned toward me. "Why did you attack the other mer?" I glared as my mind flashed back to the events leading up to now.

* * *

"Red." I called out.

She turned, her golden eyes blinked. Gods, she was beautiful.

"Be careful. I mean it."

"I will." She smiled, setting her eyes on fire. My tail flickered. She closed the door behind her. I sighed in relief that Red and I were ok, she entrusted me of her fears and I told her of my royal lineage and nothing change but made us closer. My tail twitched. Is it wrong of me to want us to be closer? My jaw clenched in confliction. I sink in the water. The membrane of nose sealed off the water from the salt burning my nose and I opened my sets of gills. I slightly waved my flippers to glide to our spot to see Red out.

Gale blocked my path.

I raised my brows at his bravado – blocking the crowned prince – He would've been punished if he wasn't my best friend. "What is it?"

Gale crossed his arms with a smirk, then signed in thalassa's hands. "Got something to tell me, Prince Tristen?" Mockery had dripped from my name.

I kept my face neutral. "I don't know what you're talking about." I signed defensively.

Gale arched a brow, "Don't think I didn't see it."

"See what?" I signed sharply.

"She felt it. The shi-amare shock." Smug, Gale swam closer while his hands moved. "When I touched her?"

I stared coldly at Gale, hiding the fact that my heart was pounding and that my mouth went dry.

Gale mistook my change of mood as confusion. He continued explaining. "You know what happens when a bonded shi-amare touches someone that is not their shi-amare. We feel pain and it only intensify until we touch our rightful shi-amare. I know why I felt pain, 'cause I already have found my shi-amare, Red shouldn't have felt it but she did." He pointed at my lax hand that was still tingling from holding Red's hand. "You touched her after she touched me and she no longer felt pain." Gale grinned as he rushed over to hug me. "Congratulations, my ahu, you found you're shi–"