Chapter 54

Jennie cuddles in closer to Jisoo as she takes in the scent of the older girl.

It's been a while since the two of them have had a peaceful night like this. And despite the unsettling feeling at the pit of her stomach, she brushed it off and tries to appreciate every moment of peace and quiet that she is able to have with Jisoo.

Jennie didn't know when they would be able to have another night like this. Throughout the past years, the couples' lives have been nothing but a series of one chaotic mess to the next.

There was no way to tell when the next misfortune will strike.

The only thing Jennie could do now was to appreciate every moment that she could spend with Jisoo.

Jennie: You should go to bed Chu. It's late.

Jisoo shook her head and heaves out a heavy sigh.

Jisoo: I'm not tired. You should go to bed first Jendeuk-ah.

Jennie: Don't act like I can't see the dark bags under your eyes Jisoo. What's the real reason that you can't go to sleep?

Jennie patiently waited for Jisoo to answer as the latter remained silent. Moments later, the older releases a sigh and replies to Jennie's question.

Jisoo: The nightmares... Ever since the day that my parents passed away, I've been having the same reoccurring nightmare. It got better after a few years but... lately they've returned.

Jennie glances up at Jisoo with sympathy as she cups the older girl's face with her hand.

Jennie: I know it must be hard on you these past few years without your parents Jisoo. But you can't dwell on the past. You have to let it go. I'm sorry I haven't been there when you needed me.

Jennie leans up and gives Jisoo a soft kiss.

Jennie: But I promise I'll always be here now. I'll always be right where you need me to be.

Jisoo smiles as she places a kiss on Jennie's head, taking in her familiar scent.

Jisoo: Thanks Jendeuk-ah.

Jennie removes herself from Jisoo's arms and decides to switch their positions, confusing the older girl.

Jennie: Let me hold you tonight Chu. Let me comfort you as you fall asleep.

Jisoo had hesitated at first, but eventually she allowed herself to sink into Jennie's embrace.

It was now Jennie's turn to kiss Jisoo. The kiss was short and gentle, but yet filled with so much warmth and love that it allows Jisoo to relax into Jennie's comforting arms.

Jennie smiles lovingly at the older girl as she brushes a strand of hair away from Jisoo's face.

Jennie: You can go to sleep Jisoo. I'll protect you like you've always protected me.

•••

The next morning, Jennie went out with Chaeyoung to do some grocery shopping while Jisoo was out working at the company.

After finding out about Jisoo's nightmares last night, she wanted to cook a special dinner for her wife tonight.

Chaeyoung: It's awfully sweet of you to this for Jisoo, Jennie unnie. I'm sure she'll love it.

Jennie smiles as she was looking through the grocery list and glances over at Chaeyoung.

Jennie: I really hope so Chaeng. With everything going on I just want to always be there for her. I know how much pain I've caused her throughout the past few years, but I'm willing to spend every minute of the rest of my life making it up to her. I want to show her how much I love her.