3rd Sword | Return to Light

In a dark cave, multiple demons eyed the surroundings angrily, having not tasted human flesh for decades. They were placed here to guard something...and yet, the Great One didn't even bother telling them what they were guarding! He even went so far as to put members of the Twelve Kizuki down here!

"AHHHHHHHHHH! FUCK! THAT HURTS SO MUCH STILL!" A new, loud voice shouted out as all the demons, ranging around a dozen, turned to look at the only entrance and exit, the waterfall.

In it, a boy with (h/c) colored hair and icy blue eyes complained loudly, seemingly in pain. Even if he was a demon now, falling from who knows how much into a layer of water still hurts like a bitch.

"A human?! All the way down here?! Wasn't there a former Kizuki up there?!" One of the demons, recovering from the sudden shock of a new appearance, scowled as he bore his fangs.

"Who cares! He's all mine!" One of the demons shouted, running at (Y/N) and brandishing it's claws.

Not panicking at all, (Y/N) stood up in the water as he drew his sword, slicing directly through the demon's neck as its body glided by him smoothly, turning to ash.

"Eleven of you...that's fine. I only need ten of you to test something, so one of you will have to take one for the team. Anyone willing to die a merciful and painless death?" (Y/N) offered as he sheathed his sword, keeping his right hand on the hilt of his katana.

"Arrogant human! Die!" One of the demons, overcome by bloodlust, charged forward at (Y/N). Sensing the bloodlust with his newly enhanced senses, (Y/N)'s lips turned into a thin line.

"Not really willing...but I guess he couldn't hold back anymore...I'll give you a merciful death, so rest." (Y/N) frowned lightly, though his eyes held a soft edge.

"Breath of Shadows - Fourth Form: Embraceful Shade." (Y/N) spoke softly, unsheathing his sword in an instant and slicing directly through the demon's neck, sheathing his sword before the demon had even realized what had happened.

" (Y/N) spoke softly, unsheathing his sword in an instant and slicing directly through the demon's neck, sheathing his sword before the demon had even realized what had happened

Slowly falling, the demon's eyes widened slightly as it realized it had felt zero to no pain.

"It feels...cool...not like an uncomfortable chill...but as if I'd been in the sun for hours and just now finally got embraced by the cool winds in the shade..." The demon thought in surprise, its entire body fading to dust as its head followed along, a relieved smile on its face.

Watching the demon fade away with a small smile on his face, (Y/N) turned to face the remaining. Embraceful Shade was a technique he'd created to deal with the demons who gave themselves up or didn't want to fight. He saw no reason to bring pain to those who never wanted to fight.

However...he had to test something, so he didn't have much sympathy for these remaining demons. He had offered, regardless, but none of them had taken the offer for a painless death.