14) The Queen of Mean

Ok so this is my first time doing a songfic- I actually quite like this song. Probs my fav in the Descendants series. This was requested by @Alyssajj11!

Okay, backstory-

Varian is the king of Corona (No Rapunzel- sorry bout it sis). the reader is basically his right-hand woman. The reader has had a crush on Varian for many many years, and for a few of them, Varian felt the same. That was until Cassandra came into the picture. Cassandra had fallen for him just as much as he did, and that left the reader feeling betrayed... and spiteful.

Varian had proposed to Cassandra and she accepted. So, heartbroken and angry, the reader decides to go down a darker path and... y'know. Become the queen of mean like duh its in the title. Varian had been noticing how the reader was being distant and knew something was wrong.

Reader sneaks down to the moon opal (haha sun drop and moon opal switched places in this universe) and steals it to grant her dark, powerful magic. Soon after, Varian found out about the opal being missing and reader being missing too. So he connects two and two together and goes out to find her.

~~~

(Y/N) ran as far away from Corona as fast as she could. She knew exactly where to go.

The old lab in Old Corona.

Old Corona had been abandoned for a while since Corona was expanded to bring in more people from Old Corona. So she knew that it would be the perfect place to continue her plan to take over Corona, and Varian would have no choice but to marry her instead of Cassandra if he wanted to save his little kingdom.

She burst into the old wooden doors of the lab and traveled far down the spiral staircase. She walked into the dust-ridden lab and closed the heavy door behind her and locked it. She took off her cloak and put down a pouch that contained the opal.

(Y/N) looked at the pages that were flung about on her desk. She had been planning this take over for quite some time now.

And it was finally time.

(Song starts here. Bold text is the lyrics)

I'm so tired of pretending. Where's my happy ending? She clenched her fists tightly.

I followed all the rules. I drew inside the lines. I never asked for anything that wasn't mine. She thinks about all of the times where she was constantly pushed over her limits by guards or the servants but had kept her calm for Varian just for him to notice that she was strong and couldn't be bothered.

I waited patiently for my time but when it finally came, he called her name. She sang disgusted.

And now I feel this overwhelming pain- she clenched her shirt. I mean it's in my veins. I mean it's in my brain- she ran her hand through her hair.

My thoughts are running in a circle like a toy train. I'm kind of like a perfect picture with a broken frame. She picked up the crown that she had made herself and placed it perfectly on top of her head as she walked towards a broken mirror and looked at her distorted parts. Suddenly, her reflection was replaced with Cassandra's. (Y/N)'s eyebrows furrowed and she snarled.

And I know exactly who to blame.

I never thought as myself as mean. She sang as she walked away from the mirror and over to a painting of Varian that she hung up. I always thought that I'd be the queen. She put on a fake shiny smile as she stood next to the painting standing properly with one hand over the other.