Chapter 187

Author's Note: Just in case people missed the last A/N, which was added after posting, this chapter is new despite the votes and read count and future chapters will also look similar because of their designated numbers and the amount of reads/votes/comments already on them. But they ARE in fact NEWLY WRITTEN.

This one holds new content so feel free to enjoy! 

Every chapter from here may look like a re-post but it isn't, I condensed the story from chapters 169 to 185 to make room and I also kept the original chapters to preserve the analytics. I believe everything should be working properly, but If anyone experiences any further issues, please either sign out and then back in or refresh your reading app/the website page.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the story! Really!

Happy reading everyone!

_____________

Chapter One Hundred and Eighty Seven

I woke up out of a dreamless sleep with a jolt, violent chills running down my spine.

I blinked groggily, nestled against Sebastian's stomach with my aching, stinging legs wrapped up by multiple limbs. Snores filled the air all around, loud and hearty and everywhere. I looked up to see Leo snoring with his mouth open, curled into me and Bash.

Upon turning my head I saw that Sebastian was out of it, too.

Another violent shiver ran through me and a chill prickled my body. My hair stood up and my awareness expanded immediately. My ears tugged back involuntarily as something... 

"What the hell is this shit?" I mumbled, shifting my body slightly. "Weird..."

I was determined to settle down and get some more sleep, but another chill made my stomach prickle worse than anything I'd ever experienced, and all of a sudden I felt like I was in danger for absolutely no apparent reason. My eyes snapped open and I stared at Leo's shirt, tingling.

What the fuck? I mentally whispered, eyes flicking to and fro, unnerved. 

It was like my body was giving me a signal in neon: DANGER. DANGER. RUN.

"Babe," I whispered, shifting my body and shaking him. "Babe, wake up."

"Hn?" Sebastian croaked, eyes creaking open. "What is it?"

"Something's wrong," I whispered, and he shifted before looking down at me. "Trouble."

He blinked blearily, then went oddly still before slowly shifting his body and untangling our limbs. I stayed quiet as he lifted both of us into a sitting position and tilted his head back and forth, visibly listening despite being out of it. After a second he rubbed me through his shirt.

"I hear nothing and my senses aren't picking anything up," he yawned, squinting down at me in the gloom, but beneath his exhaustion he looked happy in a subtle-Sebastian -sort-of-way, "but if you're truly worried we can take a look around and then come back to bed."

"Yes, please," I said, just as another prickle made my eyes widen and every hair on my body stand at attention. "Something's really, really wrong, Babe... something's wrong."

He stared at me more seriously, tired joy fading, gaze darting across my neck and arms.

"You've got goosebumps," he said slowly, raising his eyes to the door. "What are you feeling?"