Do I know you?

Mari was really starting to wish she would've ignored that damn phone call.

Not long after they had captured Loki, a large blond man had taken him away. Mari followed her dad, after he took off after the mystery guy. She guarded Loki, making sure he didn't get away. Her suspicions that something wasn't right about Loki's plans were partially proven when he stayed put on the mountain top. Not even trying to get away. She cuffed him nevertheless, and waited for the two idiots to stop fighting.

"You're a curious one." Mari heard Loki murmur.

She turned towards him, a questioning look on her face.

"What makes you say that?" She asked, carefully placing her gun in her lap.

"You walk, talk, and behave like someone on Midgard. But there's something about you that's.....different."

"Mhmm. I'm curious as to why you haven't tried to escape. You could easily knock me out with your magic, and run. But you haven't. Why?"

Loki smirked, before looking away. Mari narrowed her eyes slightly. If this didn't confirm a possible secondary plan from Loki, Mari doesn't know what will. It wasn't long after their short conversation, that they heard a metallic reverberation, and a group of trees get flattened in a process. Shortly after that, the quinjet showed up.

Once everyone was loaded onto the jet, including the new guy, who she learned was named Thor, it took everything Mari had to not start yelling at Tony. Or Thor, for that matter.

After they landed on the Helicarrier, Mari personally escorted Loki to his cell.

"You're stuck here. I suggest you cooperate." Mari said, before turning to leave.

"I'm not the one that's stuck."

Mari shook her head, and left. She headed to find the others. She couldn't let Loki scare her. She needed to focus on the mission at hand.

.........

Something wasn't right. She couldn't tell what, but something was wrong. She made her way through the helicarrier, the feeling growing the deeper she went. The feelings were somewhat confirmed when she saw Steve trying to break into a weapons room.

"What're you doing?" She asked, startling Steve.

"What does it look like?"

"Like you're failing at breaking into a weapons room."

Mari watched for a few more seconds, before stepping in.

"Okay, this sad to watch. Move."

She pulled the panel next to the door apart and pulled out some wire.

"This is the one time this set of skills will be of use."

She yanked two similar looking wires from their place holdings and placed them in the other wire's holding. She did this two more times before the access light turned green. The door slid open, letting the two into the room.

"Do I....?"

"Nope. Don't think you'd want to know."

Steve went inside, while Mari guarded the door.

......

If Mari wasn't mad before, she would be now. What she and Steve had found in the weapons storage had angered them immensely. Mari grabbed one of the weapons, and followed Steve back to the lab Bruce and Tony were in.

"Phase 2 is to make weapons using the cube. Sorry your computer was a little slow for me." Steve said.

"Nick?"

Mari was beyond mad. Beyond angry even. She couldn't believe that SHIELD would do that. Not after all they've done.

"We gathered everything on the tesseract. This doesn't mean that we're making--"

"I'm sorry, Nick. What, were you lying?" Tony asked, turning a screen around to show him a demonstration of a phase two weapon.

"I was wrong director," Steve said, placing his hands on his belt. "The world hasn't changed a bit."

"Did you know about this?" Bruce asked, as Natasha and Thor came into the room.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this situation, doctor?" Natasha asked.

"I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed."

"Loki is manipulating you."

"You've been doing what, exactly?"

"You didn't come here, just because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Well, I ain't leaving just because you get a little twitchy."

Mari snorted. She wasn't surprised by Natasha's actions.

"You got a problem, Stark?"

"Yeah. I do. But I'm not important now. What's important is that Loki's managed to distract us long enough, to where something else could happen. But I digress."

"What I would like to know," Bruce said, pointing at a data screen. "Is why is SHIELD is using the tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."

"Because of him." Fury said, pointing at Thor.

"Me?"

"Last year, Earth had a visitor. A visitor who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet." Thor said.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you?"

"Are you fucking serious, Nick? Not every single alien society is going to want to kill us," Mari said, putting her hands on her hips. "For someone in your position, I would think you would have a little bit more compassion. Because what you just said, made you no better than the racist assholes on this planet. When you dumb fucks are done bickering, and actually figure that Loki is distracting you from a bigger problem, come find me."

Mari walked out of the room, intent on getting away from the chaos that had unfolded in front of her. She couldn't believe Nick could say something like that. She knows that there would be some alien societies that would try to kill the people of Earth. She also knows that there are plenty more that would be content on ignoring the Earth as well.