TWENTY-FOUR

Nancy parked in her old boss' parking spot, all of the kids unbuckling their seat belts and heading out of the car and up towards the red door of the large suburban house.

Nancy and Johnathan pressed the doorbell a couple of times, they suddenly realise they weren't going to get an answer any sooner so they echanged a glance and turned to eleven, who stood directly in between the pair. She looked at the two, know what they were thinking, she lowered her chin and they all watched the door slam back into the wall and stay there.

"Tom?" Nancy called. "Heather?" She called out again, turning the corner.

"Jesus it's freezing," max announced, rubbing her arms, for comfort, they all huddled together turning the corner, heading towards the kitchen.

"Do you guys smell that?" Nancy questioned the kids, as they all began to sniff the air.

"Oh- god," everyone exclaimed, a strong aroma of acid filling their nostrils, the stench too strong to handle.

"More chemicals," Nancy announced looking at the fridge, the top edge melted with a black rim around it.

"You think their guzzling this shit?" Johnathan asked, picking up a bottle of bleach, staring at the label.

"Yeah either that or they just went on a hell of a cleaning spree," Nancy replied with a slight chuckle.

"But last year, Will didn't eat chemicals," y/n added, her arms crossed at the cold temperature.

"Did you?" Max looked to Will, he simply shook his head.

"No, this is something new," will spoke, gazing at the chemicals.

"Mr. Clarke, fifth grade. Posit, what happens when you mix chemicals together?" Mike spoke up, asking his friends.

"You create a new substance," Lucas and Will answered for him, max and y/n furrowed their brows at each other.

"What if their creating something?" Lucas questioned.

"In themselves?" Max responded with raised brows. "I mean come on, if you drink this crap it'll kill you," she added, holding another bottle of bleach.

"Yeah, if you're human," Lucas suggested, y/n rolled her eyes, trailing behind Nancy and Johnathan who were heading inside of the living room, the same room Max, y/n and Eleven walked in when Billy stayed round for dinner.

Will walked ahead and covered his nose from the foul odour lurking in the room. Y/n watched as Nancy looked over and noticed a stain on the floor.

"Blood," Nancy spoke, will stood behind her, eleven moving around and standing in front. "Yesterday, Tom had a bandage on his forehead," she spoke, Johnathan stared at the bottle of wine that was empty, Nancy stood up and analysed it. "he was attacked," she confirmed, looking up to Johnathan.

Y/n held onto Will's hand gently, Nancy following the rug that was shoved against the doorway, y/n and will walked just behind eleven, max behind the two as they stopped inside of the garage.

Johnathan crouched down towards he bundle of ropes left on the round. "They must have tied them," Johnathan announced, looking up to Nancy. "they must've taken them somewhere," he told her, Nancy started to at pieces together.

"Mrs. Driscoll kept saying 'I have to go back'" Nancy told the small group. "what if the flaying, is taking place somewhere else? There must be a place where all of this started right? A source," she questioned herself, looking up at Johnathan.

"Somewhere he didn't want me and y/n to see," eleven responded.

"If we can find the source, then maybe we can stop him, or at least stop it from spreading, or stop doing whatever the hell its doing with these chemicals," Nancy added on, biting at her lip.

"How do we find it?" El asked Nancy.

"Mrs. Driscoll," Will spoke up. "If she wants to go back so badly why don't we let her?" He asked everyone and they looked towards each other, gathering ideas.

okay fuck off if you notice something unedited, I'm tired & too lazy to edit 😁✌️