When The Pressure Arrives

Dedicated to joyaribo123
*Thank you so much for always being eager for the updates. And for reminding me it's Friday and you're ready to read the update* 😃❤

Blossom's POV

I checked the calendar on the wall in my bedroom. The previous weeks had disappeared rather swiftly, but now, time seemed to be standing still.

Ever since my and Jevan's argument, he had been giving me the cold shoulders. I saw less of him and he was unhurried in calling and fixing things between us.

"Maybe, it starts with me. After all, I was the one who started it and threw Brooke in his face when he wasn't in the mood of hearing about her."

My blood ran cold as Brooke crossed my mind. She knew about my mother being my mother. I could only hope that she would leave me alone at school but being peaceful that wasn't a characteristic of hers.

I finally rolled out of bed, took my shower and got ready for school. It was the start of another Monday and I already wanted it to be over with.

I had a light breakfast then left the house to catch the bus.

_______

Upon arrival, I saw the first poster on my locker and I croaked into tears as I tore it off.

There, in a bold print, was my mother cleaning a toilet that I assumed belonged to Brooke. Mom was in a maid uniform and Brooke took the liberty into adding a silly caption which read : Clean Enough Miss. Diamond?

And at the bottom of the page, it reads, Blossom Wright's mother.

Now everyone would know my mother cleans toilets for a living.

Sophia and Nina appeared right after. They really were two guardian angels. Sophia was holding tissues and Nina comforted me.

"I can't believe Brooke would stoop this low," Sophia snapped.

"Of course she would. She's Brooke!" Nina responded.

A few students walked on by and started laughing, pointing and calling me names:

"Maid baby."

"Domestic maiden."

"Maid in L.A."

"Shut Up!" Sophia yelled after them but they just laughed louder and continued on their way.

"I wouldn't be able to take this," I told my friends.

"We know the feeling. We really do, but you've come too far to run away from this. Don't let Brooke scare you off. She's just doing all these silly stunts to break your high self-esteem. Are you going to let her win?" Nina said.

I shook my head no. I couldn't let Brooke have the last laugh. I had every intentions of standing tall no matter how embarrassing the posters appeared to be.

"Well. Well. Well. If it isn't the maid's daughter," a voice interrupted.

We turned and saw Nick.

"What did you just say?" Nina asked him.

"You don't hear well, huh? But that's okay because I wasn't speaking to you anyway. I was speaking to your friend. The girl who got our quarterback's head up his ass that he can't focus on his boys anymore."

"Nick, you're out of line. You can't blame Blossom for Jevan's behavior towards you!"

"Oh I can and I just did. She's ruining everything the moment she arrived here and he set eyes on her. I don't know what he sees in you. You're not all that pretty and you're from Africa."