TWENTY-NINE

Will sat in the arm of the couch, y/n sat on his lap, his arms around her waist and she intertwined their fingers, his chin on her right shoulder. He continued to glare down at her wrist which was beginning to swell.

"He said he was building something," eleven announced, her nose and eyes red from crying but her bloody nose was wiped away. "and it was all for us," she said, pointed towards herself and y/n.

"Building something? Is he talking about the flayed," max questioned, looking up to y/n.

"He must be," Nancy added, her arms folded.

"He's building an army just like he thought," Lucas included, joining his fingertips.

"Yeah but he's not building this army to spread," mike added along, still seated in the blue armchair.

"He's building it to stop eleven and use y/n as apart of the flayed," will said, y/n wasn't paying attention, her mind was fulfilled with Billy's mother, and how oddly familiar both of their stories were - both of their mothers left them and they had an abusive dad, unfortunately y/n's mom came back, his didn't, he haven't found his mom in years and the mark on her wrist only reminded her of her bad days.

"Last year, el closed the gate, and I have a feeling that really pissed him off," mike added, his posture was forwards.

"Yeah no shit," y/n spoke up, hearing a slight snicker from will.

"Like royally," Lucas continued from Mike.

"And the mind flayed now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him, but if she's out of the way," mike explained, sitting back in the chair.

"Game over," Lucas finished.

"He also said..." eleven spoke up. "he was going to kill all of you," she announced, looking towards everyone in the room, watching them all shudder slightly.

"Yeah well that's nice," max added, rubbing her face.

Nancy got up from leaning against the bookshelf and steadily moved over to the window, gazing outside of it oddly, everyone watched with knitted brows.

"Do you guys hear that?" She whispered.

"It's just the fireworks," Johnathan responded, his arms were folded, his weight against the bookshelf Nancy was just on.

"Billy," she said, turning on her heel to face the two girls. "when he told you two this it was here, in this room?" Nancy said both girls nodded slowly.

"Y/n..."a voice whispered gently in her ear, she figured it was Will until the hairs on her neck began to rise.

"Will?" Y/n whispered and looked at will and he looked back, he let go of her hand to reach the back of his neck.

"He knows we're here," he announced, y/n jumped up, and ran towards the door slamming it open, Will running just behind her, along with Nancy, Johnathan, Mike, Lucas, El and Max.

They all stood outside the cabin looking up to the pathway where a creature shoved a tree aside, Y/n looked to Will who was shaking uncontrollably,

"Get inside the cabin and board up the door and the windows! Go! Go!" Nancy ordered them all, Will and y/n were first to run inside, both of them grabbing the bookshelf and placing it just where the largest window was. Nancy and Johnathan both came back with an axe and a shotgun all waiting for it to burst through.

They huddled in a circle watching their surroundings the windows were covered with shelves and the couch, all the kids panting with fear.