Chapter 19

Hello, darlings.

It's just me, Max. I'm just popping in to say hello and tell you that I love you so much and I hope you are all having a great day/night.

You're my confetti.

Even if you fall to the ground, I'd be there to pick each one of you up.

OKAY THAT'S ENOUGH OF THE FEELINGS *yeets away tears*

Enjoy!

or don't

Once again, I get the views either way.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"I will literally drop kick you in the face."

Your voice came out stern and hard as you glared at the young man in front of you, your hand resting on your heaving chest as you struggled to catch your breath.

You and Jungkook had been together all day. He took you to the castle gardens and showed you a few hidden paths in the forest, making sure you knew your way around enough to get back to the castle if you ever got lost.

The two of you laughed and joked with one another all day long. You enjoyed his company. He was funny and kind and he was patient with you, even when you accidentally spilled a pale of water all over him.

You couldn't get what Jimin had told you out of your head, though.

Every time you looked at Jungkook, you remembered Jimin's words...the story of his past was heartbreaking and honestly....scary.

When you looked at him, you felt pity...but you also felt happiness.

Pity, because of what had happened to him...it was something no one should ever have to go through, especially a child...it was disgusting and evil...

But you felt happiness because...Jungkook seemed to be moving past it.

He laughed. Genuinely laughed...even after everything that woman did to him...he managed to move on and try to better himself...that alone was enough to make you feel a little bit better....

The two of you eventually made it back to the castle around two o'clock.

Jungkook went to change out of his wet clothing, leaving you alone in the library for a while..

You had taken your time to look around and search for your next book to read...something you and Jimin could enjoy reading together.

You must have gotten too involved in your reading, because next thing you knew Jungkook was right in front of you.

He scared you.

A chuckle left the chestnut-headed prince, his head tilting at your reaction.

"I didn't mean to scare you." He stated.