Chapter 28.

The air was cool as the wind blew leaves around the grave site of Sabrina. The smell of sweet vanilla with a hint of hibiscus hit August nose as he felt an embrace from Becca. It brought him out of his last memory of Sabrina.

"I'm so sorry August." Becca said pulling away from him and wiping his eyes. "Sabrina may not physically be here, but her spirit lives on through Kimberly."

"I know. I accepted what happened long ago, but its been a minute since I said what went down that day." August paused then smiled and let out a hard sigh "Why do you always bring the emotional side of me out man?"

A smile crept up as she moved the hair that blew over her face from the wind. "I tend to do that." They were both silent for a moment then Becca turned away and walked over to Sabrina's grave. She placed a flower against the marble headstone the read "Beloved daughter, mother and wife."

"I wanted to include wife because she deserved to be remembered that way too." August said as he watched Becca read the headstone.

Becca looked at him and smiled then turned back to the headstone and just stared. "Hi Sabrina," she started, "I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet."

She paused.

"I just want you to know I am doing what I can to be a good person in Kimberly's life. I hope I am doing right by her and that you are proud. I love Kimberly very much," she paused a looked over her shoulder towards August who was watching as she talked to Sabrina.

"And I hope its okay that I love August too. He has been a great friend to me." She smiled. "I hope you are finding peace and resting in paradise. Please use your spirit to move me how you see fit as I continue to be in your daughters life." She raised her hand to her lips and placed a kiss on the headstone.

"I'm sure she appreciates you just like I do Becca." August said.

She smiled at him and walked up to him. "Im going to go sit in the car and let you have your time alone with her." She wrapped her arms around August and gave him a deep embrace. Then walked away.

August stood in front of the grave and just gathered his thoughts before speaking. "Damn Brina, our baby is 5 today and bout to start kindergarten." He paused. "I miss you every damn day. When I look at Kimberly, I see you." He took a long paused and rubbed the back of his neck. He looked over and saw another family putting flowers by a gravesite.

Then turn his attention back to Sabrinas. "I love her Sabrina." He said abruptly. He already knew he didn't have to say who he was talking about. "She is perfect for Kimberly and me. And I believe you sent her to us." He laughed to himself a little. He started having a flashback to a conversation he and Sabrina had in the beginning of their relationship.

"Babe?" Sabrina said leaning on August.

"Yeah ma," August said flipping channels.

"If you ever decide to cheat on me or if I died, you better make sure the next is gorgeous and at least on my level." She said being serious.

August shook his head and laughed to himself, "I swear yall females be thinkin bout the most random shit. Where the hell is that comin from?"

"I was just thinkin about the chick Drake left Kiesha for. That girl is trash." Sabrina said laughing.

"Drake will regret it later. Right now he on some other shit, but stop talkin like that." August said rubbing her hair. "You are never getting rid of me shawty and you aint leaving me on this earth alone. Who gonna cook for me when I'm a old ass man?" He joked

"Shut up boy!" She punched him. "Trust me, if God called me home, I'll personally make sure God sends you some beautiful exotic, sweet lookin chick that can cook for your old ass." She laughed. "But if you leave before me, send me a sexy buff african king my way.