Chapter three: Accident

Lucifer Morningstar had never been a patient man. So when a low ranked demon stood before him with no food for his hellhounds, he grew furious instantly.

"Where are the lost souls I asked for?" Lucifer's voice seemed cold and calm but the demon knew the threat that lay underneath the cold exterior. "I forgot," he replied, voice trembling.

"You forgot?" The devil repeated, his black eyes narrowing in on him as he nodded.

Lucifer growled and locked his throat in an iron grip, choking him but never enough to actually kill him. No, that wouldn't work fore he already had plans for the terrified demon. "Please show mercy!" The demon screamed out.

A snort escaped Lucifer before he could contain it. "You really think I became the ruler of the underworld by showing mercy?" By now the demon's legs could barely hold him up as he kept on shaking, knowing what would happen next.

He'd be shown as an example of disobedience.

Maids and servants quickly scrambled out of their way when Lucifer punched the demon to the floor and grabbed his leg before he started dragging him along. He made sure to take the route with the most stairs and bumps as the demon continued to scream and beg for help. A small smile played on his lips: It was like music to his ears.

Suddenly, in the middle of his castle, he stopped abruptly. He knew everybody in the household would be able to hear the commotion from here. "Cerberus!" Lucifer called in a deep voice that shook the walls. Instantly, a yipping could be heard as well as thundering footsteps from the three-headed hound. Maids and servants pressed themselves up against the walls, in hope that the hound would ignore them.

Hearing his master call was the best thing for him. It could only mean one thing: He was about to be fed, either by Lucifer himself or by letting the hound out in the city. He did that every once in a while to make sure his citizens were never too comfortable, always ready. Today, however, Cerberus was going to be personally fed. As it bounded around the corner in top speed, it almost didn't stop in time from tumbling into its master. That wouldn't have been good. Lucifer cared deeply for his hellhound but he wasn't about to accept clumsiness and disobedience, and Cerberus knew this. Drool was collecting of the floor on the thought of eating the juicy demon on the ground.

Lucifer felt a tingling at the back of his neck, which meant something was happening in his realm. With a deep sigh, he pulled up his phone, calling Abigor who picked up on the first ring. "Deal with it," Lucifer commanded and hanged up his phone. Abigor was used to this and knew what he had meant because moments later, the woman at the front desk called him too.

The devil, now satisfied that nothing would interrupt, started petting Cerberus, who didn't look so deadly at that moment. Its back leg started kicking involuntarily when he scratched a certain spot behind his ear and a low whine could be heard.

The demon took a deep breath and started reaching his hand out to the hound, knowing it wouldn't eat people it liked. His plan failed immensely when Cerberus' jaw locked around his wrist and started pulling. Lucifer smiled proudly down at him when the hand came clean off the demon's body.

It was truly a sight to behold: Cerberus was wagging its tail happily as it had a hand in his mouth as if it was a chew toy while the demon was screaming bloody murder, clutching his arm to his chest as blood sprayed out of him. It was quite a mess.

"You're such a good boy," the dominant male cooed when his phone started ringing. His phone rarely rang because he had people hired to deal with all the unimportant things, so his temper sparked once more. How dare they make him do their work!

The devil accepted the call anyway and the voice of a shaking woman filled his ears, "Mr Morningstar, there's a situation at the front desk with a weird human."

"Then why aren't you handling it?" He growled.

"Because Abigor requested we call for you." Lucifer nodded even though she couldn't see him, and said he'd be down there in a moment. Abigor knew when to involve Lucifer or not so he trusted that it was necessary for him to come down to the low raked area of his realm. "Finish him, Cerberus," was all he said before he turned his back on the demon and his hound. Screams filled the castle and the maids and servants held in sharp gasps.

Lucifer stopped in front of the front door to his castle, muttering a few words before opening the door directly into the waiting room.

Everybody in the room was focussed on a small boy by the front desk. Creatures of the underworld had a higher tolerance for fear than the innocents, so it confused Lucifer when all the demons merely shrunk back in his presence and kept their eyes down, while the boy looked ghostly pale, ready to collapse. Lucifer knew he oozed dominance and evoked fear but his creatures could usually function normally in his presence if he didn't threaten them.

Lucifer thought the boy was quite attractive with his mob of curls and lean body if it weren't for one small fact.

A small hissing sound could be heard.

The boy had peed his pants in fear.