Back To How It Was ~ Cole

TRIGGER WARNING:

If you're in a relationship that you don't enjoy, you have to leave. It may be difficult and you may not be able to do it alone, so you don't have to alone, the right people are always there to help. If any of you guys ever want to talk about something, I'm here to help you out if you need it. Don't be in a relationship with someone that hurts you physically or emotionally.

You were lying in bed with the sheets tucked tightly around you. You were half-asleep-half-awake, drowsy and too tired to do anything and still vaguely aware of your surroundings. You finally felt yourself drifting off before you felt a dip of the mattress beside you.

You froze, eyes screwing tightly shut. You pursed your lips together to keep yourself from whimpering. Your throat felt chocked up and you pretended to sleep even though you were far from that and any traces of sleep had vanished.

Your body curled away from the person behind you, and you tried to shuffle away from him, still trying to pretend to be asleep.

A hand stroked your head and you immediately dug your head into the pillow, trying to move away. Your breaths shortened as the hand moved from your head to your shoulder, stroking gently and you grit your teeth, body shaking as you tried to stop yourself from sobbing.

It slid down to your back, trailing fingertips down your spine while rubbing up and down your arm. Your body shivered and they sound of your heart hammering against your ribs filled your ears.

You still tried to keep up the act of sleeping, trying to hide your grimace with the blanket and you felt the dip get deeper and the person slid next to you, wrapping both arms around you.

A sob wrenched itself out of your throat and the both of your froze you stopped tears from leaving your eyes.

"(Y/N)?"

A gasp of air had your head clearing and you relaxed, turning in his arms to meet Cole's eyes. The relief you felt had your body leaning against him and tears of happiness rolled down your eyes as you wrapped your arms around him, crying softly.

"I'm so glad it's you." You managed between sobs and gasps.

His hand snaked to your hair while the other remained around your waist, cradling you against him for a few minutes while he waited patiently for your breathing to even out before speaking, rubbing his hand up and down your back, making you lean into him.

"He won't ever reach you here. He won't ever touch you again. I'll protect you."

You didn't have to reply. Your arms wrapped around each other and legs entangled underneath the sheets was an answer enough.