Chapter 18 - Father

(Y/N)'s POV
All day, I spent my time reading a bunch of AU books, they're quite interesting but some of them are quite awful. Some of them were quite miserable, going through insane traumas that I could not even believe could happen. But stars, I don't even know how much I read. I was exhausted after reading so much, my eyes got tired from staring at pages for such a long time. So, I took a break and visited Undertale for some time. I put my hood up and teleported into Snowdin.

When I stepped inside, I was hit with a gust of wind. Stars, I wish I had sleeves. I quickly entered into Grillby's and sat down.

"Water, please." Grillby went to the back to grab a glass of water. While I was waiting, someone entered into Grillby's, could it be Sans? He sat next to me, just in time when Grillby got back with my water, "Thank you..."

"... (Y/N)...?" I looked over to him and put my hood down.

I smiled at him, "Nice to see you again."

"I hope I'm not WAISTing your time but I gonna adDRESS that you look nice in that outfit."

I giggled, "Thanks."

"So what brings you to Undertale?"

I shrugged, "I've never seen the universe before and I haven't seen you since the party."

"Oh yeah..." He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out my pin, "You left this at the party."

I took it and looked at him, "... Thank you." I smiled and clipped the pin on my hoodie. "It's a bit empty at Grillby's don't you think...? A bit BONEly, don't you think?"

He chuckles, "Yeah, we're leaving to the surface."

"Oh! It must be a happy day! Are you excited?"

He nods then he got a message, "Welp," He got off his seat, "I gotta go, I'll see you another time!" He waved at me and teleported away.

It was a nice conversation while it lasted. I teleported back into my universe and went into my bedroom. I sat down on my bed then unclipped the pin from my hood. I took a good look at the pin, it's in good condition.

Stars, how long has it been since my father's death? It's almost been over a decade. I looked at the pin, the feathers are still in good shape. Classic Sans did a good job in taking care of it, he must know how special this is to me. I remember the times with my father, the song that he'd sing to me, the things he taught me, everything. I flopped down on my bed and closed my eyes, I ended up falling asleep.

Suddenly, I felt a jerk and woke up in a white room. Are you serious?! Am I back here again?! I stood up and felt a weird presence behind me, I turned around to see my father. There's no way it could be him... I took a step forward to him. "... Is that really... you?"

He giggled, "The one and only." He opens his arms out.

My eyes begin to tear up and I ran up to hug him, "Stars! It's been ages...!"

"It certainly has been. How's my lovely daughter?"

I pulled away and avoided eye contact with him, "... You've missed a lot..."

"Oh, I know that! But keep yourself strong, you've made it this far." I nod, "Although I may be gone, I'm still alive in your memories. You're gifted."

"Gifted...? In what way?"

He thought for a bit, "I don't want to ruin the surprise."

"Surprise...?" He nods, "Can you give me a hint...?"

He places his hand on my shoulder, "Let's talk another time."

"... Okay?"

He hugs me, "Until next time..." I hug back.

"... Until next time, father..."

And just like that, I woke up. I sat up on my bed, the pin was still in my hands. I took the pin and clipped it back on my hood then went into the library. Gifted, huh? What does he mean by that? I know Core Frisk said something similar but, what do they mean exactly? Do I have an ability that the alternate versions don't? I don't think I'll figure this mystery out anytime soon but, it'll be on my mind.

As I was walking through the library, I noticed something new pop up in the library. A new Alternate Universe. I searched around the library and found the new book, X-Tale. I grabbed the book and flipped to the first page. There's hardly anything written in it yet, but I mean, this new universe just popped up seconds ago. Though, that short bit in the book is quite unusual to say the least.

It states, "X-Tale takes place in a post-pacifist timeline, where their Sans and Papyrus are part of the royal guard. However, certain incidents occur out of nowhere, such as Sans's thirst to kill Frisk." That last sentence in itself gives me chills. This universe is a mystery to me, not much reason is written to say why it exists but I guess there are other universes and timelines that are created for absolutely no reason.

But anyway, I flipped through the blank pages of the book until I reached X-Tale! Sans. Like the beginning of the book, there's not much written about him. X-Tale!Sans (better known as Cross) is the main protagonist of X-Tale. In X-Tale, Cross was a trainee for the royal guard who began experiencing issues related to his code; which is actually relatable to The X-Event's cause. What is this X-Event? Maybe I'm missing a large piece of the puzzle but I can't figure it out now, there's barely any information written here.

I closed the book and placed it on my desk upstairs, I better keep an eye out for that universe....