Chapter 24: Amazing

❀Azalea❀

❀Azalea❀

A week and two days, Grey has been more than a crackhead. He won't let me move.

I've told him many times, 'Grey, if you keep feeding me and not letting me walk it off, I'm going to be confined to this bed for the rest of my life and I won't be able to walk ever again.'

He usually does one of three things each time I tell him that.

1) Shut up.
2) Do you want more food? (my answer is usually yes, obviously)
3) Shut the *insert F-word* up.

He really is such a sweetheart.

I mean come on. My face is fudged up, not my legs.

My showers are my only time to stand and so I do tons of physical activities during my showers. My activities usually consist of three things.

1) Staring at the wall and pretending I'm in a sentimental and dramatic movie while my shower water runs over my face.
2) Dancing wildly, although it's hard in the small space.
3) Telling Grey to leave me alone after he bangs on the door for ten minutes.

My back feels better, which is great. It's still a bit tender at times but that's whatever.

I guess I'm just not used to someone taking care of me. Usually, it's only me nursing myself. I'm trying to adjust but it's taking a while.

A couple of days ago, I got my stitches removed. Grey wasn't allowed in the room because once again, he's a crackhead.

Finally though, Grey had to go to work for some type of murder thingy. Yikes.

So I escaped.

I bust up in Mr. Terrip's bookstore and I find him almost immediately.

"I haven't seen you in forever," he stresses, "I was beginning to get very worried."

"What happened to your face?" he grips onto my chin, tilting it all around looking at the bruise and still visible, but healing, cut on my cheekbone.

I've got to tell him sometime.

"Well," I hesitate. He gives me the 'hurry up or I'm going to lose interest' face.

"I just got the stitches out and I've been bedridden. Forcefully," I keep the cause of the stitches out of it.

"And how'd you get those stitches?"