§·Prologue·§

Schizophrenia.

A disorder that affects a person's ability to think, feel, and behave clearly.

Psychosis.

A mental disorder characterized by a disconnection from reality.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

A disorder in which a person has difficulty recovering after experiencing or witnessing a terrifying event.

Sleep Paralysis.

A temporary inability to move or speak while falling asleep or upon waking.

Hallucinations.

A perception of having seen, heard, touched, tasted, or smelled something that wasn't actually there.

Madness.

The state of being mentally ill, especially severely.

Insanity.

The state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.

Dementia.

A chronic or persistent disorder of the mental processes caused by brain disease or injury and marked by memory disorders, personality changes, and impaired reasoning.

Lunacy.

The state of being a lunatic; insanity.

Mania.

Mental illness marked by periods of great excitement or euphoria, delusions, and overactivity.

Paranoia.

A mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically elaborated into an organized system. It may be an aspect of chronic personality disorder, of drug abuse, or of a serious condition such as schizophrenia in which the person loses touch with reality.

Reality.

The world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

"Like... I'm not even sure if this is real."

§§§

Stiles screams as he sat up in bed, his brain foggy as he looked around, clearly disoriented.

His heart accelerating like a jackhammer.

His body sweating like the Niagra falls.

But a soft gentle hands grabs his arm, giving him a slight sense of reality. Turning his head he sees the familiar strawberry blonde hair, Lydia.

"Lydia? Wh-what are you doing here?"

But before she answered the door squeaks leaving it slightly ajar. For some reason it bothered Stiles more than it should.

Despite Lydia's protests Stiles walked through the door and he was back in the woods.

Lights turned on and directly in the middle was the Nemeton.

There is a scream from deep within that forces its way from Stiles's mouth, it is as if his terrified soul has unleashed a demon.

Struggling in the arms of his father, his scream never ceasing as his nightmares haunted him to his very core.

§§§