Prey

They stalked the nights eating whomever seemed to be of craving. Kasady did steal all he could and kept it locked away.

In a place only he knew would be safe.

Life was nothing more but sinful pleasure for him. Carnage would still always think of you and those feelings would rub off on Kasady making him sick to his stomach.

It would drive him insane.

To crave you this badly.

And have to fight against it.

He knew where you were and just how long it would take him to reach that destination. Carnage's feelings of jealousy rubbed off onto Kasady making him hate Eddie and Venom.

"They tricked us, lied to us. Wanted her all to themselves."

Kasady says looking down at the floor. "No! That's not it! We can't let ourselves fall. We have to be strong. We have to stay away from our little birdie."

It's much harder than it should be. The only thing that he could do to keep himself occupied was killing. Kasady didn't want to think of you.

But Carnage had small memories. Physical memories of him being with you. It was such a tease for Kasady. Carnage felt you, tasted you, all that could be of great desire. Such a craving.

The only thing he could do was hunger for the suffering of others to drown away the memories.

No matter what he did, you were always in his heart in his head.

Carnage stalked from a Goodwill's building that was beside a comedy club called Dangerfield. Such a perfect area for him to hunt.

Right across the street there was a small restaurant called Ritz Diner right at the corner of E 62nd Street and 1st Avenue.

Carnage growled and leaned in on the edge of the wall seeing a woman come out from Ritz Diner.

Carnage's face peeled back as Kasady watched with his own eyes.

The woman who looked around the streets and at the spot where he was watching. He already moved to the other side of Dangerfield.

Crossing the street you kept your hands in your pockets with your head down. They stalked you all the way to Queensboro Bridge.

The moment you started to go under something hoisted you up making you fall on the inside walkway of the bridge.

Getting up you looked around panting. Taking out your Taser gun you kept it low as you slowly walked forward hoping to hear something. Carnage quietly followed behind you smelling your hair.

Stopping you stood for a bit feeling something behind you. Feeling someone playing with your hair. Turning around you fired the Taser hitting nothing.

Unloading the patch you stuck a new one.

"You really shouldn't be playing with dangerous toys." Gasping you turned around seeing him leaned up against a pipe. Carnage leaped down landing on all fours.

"Carnage!" You say running into his arms. Carnage wrapped his arms around you tightly almost melting into you.

"I've been looking for you!" Yo say crying in relief to finally have found him. "I'm sure you have." His hand slid on your cheek cleaning your tear away.

"Why are you here? I wanted you to stay with Venom! Why did you look for me?" He sounded a bit upset but that's because he was.

Fighting against Kasady and himself.

They want to reveal the secret but at the same time they don't. They have shared each other's feelings and suffered through it. "Go back to Venom. Don't look for me, ever again!" He growls moving away.

"Carnage?" You say hurt hearing him say this. "I don't want you! I found someone else!" Carnage backs away trying to keep control of Kasady. "Run!" He shouts as you look over his shoulder to the exit.

Running past him Kasady regained control as he grabbed your arm tightly. "Where are you going? Little birdie." Carnage and Kasadys voice mix filling you with a denying horror.

Shooting the Taser they released you as Carnage almost separated from Kasady. You backed away shaking your head in denial.

Kasady looked over to you his eyes burning. Turning around you started to run away as Kasady reamurged with Carnage. Breathing heavily you ran through the street. Stopping you crawled underneath a car.

"LITTLE BIRDIE!"

They screamed out making you cover your mouth as you shivered in fear.

It was silent for a moment but you were afraid to move. A soft whistle filled the street. Carnage was crawling on the walls looking at everything. They whistled your tune as if in hopes you will whistle back.

"Won't my bride in red sing back? Maybe the words have bleached her bones. But not her hands."

They landed on the street walking around.

"Little birdie? Where is my little birdie?" He whistles again.

Shutting your eyes you looked at the truck parked ahead of you. While he whistled you crawled to the truck ahead.

"Why couldn't you stay away? Now you have to be on your tippy toes." They say lifting up a car seeing it empty. You squeezed yourself in between the axles and parts of the truck.

"Perhaps she dreamed of all the lonely nights she spent in a cell.

Maybe in your head, you are a good killer. But I know you are nothing more but a scared little girl.

But I know she wasn't. Because I was her reason for being lonely.

Little Birdie, I see right through you.

I am broken in all the same places as you. You won't believe me, you don't see anything that could possibly make us comparable. But little birdie I see a lot of myself in you.

You are just like me.

Suffering like me.

We have more in common than you think. No matter how badly you try to numb it, the pain comes back. It felt good, didn't it?

To see others suffer.

Stop numbing it, it won't go away. You are just making it worse.

You want proof. Come out little birdie. I'll show you that you are just like me. Carnage will show you. Show you why you and I have so much in common. More than you can imagine."

Carnage and Kasady spoke at the same time.

Crawling on all fours he examined underneath all the cars and trucks. But you were well hidden controlling your breathing. Breathing softly through your nose.

"Little birdie!" They growl out. "I grow impatient of these games!"

Kasady wants to see you run, wants to see the fear in your eyes. Hear the heavy air escape your lungs.

Grabbing the side of a car he flipped it over as it's crashed on the hood.

It's something so delightful. Like a delicate dish. Something so rare and he wants to be the one to taste it.

Your fear.

A trash can smashed on Carnage's back. Standing still he slowly turned to look up at the wall from where it came from. Venom chuckled. "Whoops."