23.

"Done," Hawk said, handing cane the letter and crossing his arms.

"Now, Hawk, be rational about this," Cane started. Hawk stared at him with weirdly calm eyes considering that for the past 36 hours he had destroyed everyone and everything he came into contact with, except for Cecelia, and his eyes had been a darker green than anyone had ever seen them. Now he was just...calm.

"I am being rational about it," Hawk cut in. "Perfectly rational. You like lists, Cane, how about pros and cons, huh? Pros of purposely losing the fight, I get Hazel back. Con, I lose a couple million dollars and national recognition. There isn't even a fucking choice."

Cane stared at Hawk for a few seconds before cursing violently and starting to pace.

"I know, all right? Obviously, the right thing to do is to lose the fight, I just...fuck," Cane sat down and ran a hand violently through his hair.

"I'm calling the motherfucker," Hawk said, typing the numbers listen on the letter into his phone, trying not to break it in the process.

After two rings, a pleasant British voice answered.

"Hello, Mr. Davila, pleasure to finally talk to you," it said.

"I'll lose, just give me Hazel," Hawk growled.

"Now, do you think I'm stupid? I'll give you back your adorable little girlfriend after the fight, but no sooner."

Hawk's eyes widened incredulously.

"Fuck, no, that's not for two and a half days!" he roared.

"Very good math, Hawkins, looks like the stereotype about jocks doesn't extend to fighters," the British ass cooed.

"Listen you little shit-"

"Such hostility!" the man said in a jovial tone.

"I'll sign a contract, whatever I have to do to get Hazel back now," Hawk said, his voice strained due to the effort he was exerting to keep it calm.

"I apologize, Mr. Davila, but I simply cannot let you have her until after you lose this fight," the man said, sounding not at all sorry.

Hawk put his phone on mute and turned to Cane.

"Can we trace this call?" he asked.

Cane nodded and started walking into a room connected to the office they had been talking in.

He sat down at a computer and started furiously typing. Hawk turned his phone off mute.

"Just let me talk to her," he said in a low voice.

"Ahh, that I can do," the man said.

A few seconds passed in silence before the man spoke again.

"All right, Hawkins, you're on speaker," he said.

"Hazel?" Hawk tested.

He heard a muffled sound and his jaw turned into granite, knowing she was gagged.

"Baby, I'll get you back, all right? I'm going to lose this fight, and then you'll be back, and everything will go back to normal. You can start planning our wedding for like six years from now, and we can start working on those kids you don't want, and the guy holding the phone right now will be dead."

Hawk heard chuckling from the man and wanted to throw something.

"How cute it is that you're making threats when I'm the one with your girlfriend bound and gagged. She is beautiful, isn't she?"