-10-

A/N: I listened to some Christmas music while I wrote this and damn, summer is great and all, but I'm already hyped for Christmas time. Thanks to everyone who reads and votes! Alright enjoy these upcoming holiday chapters :)

-3 Months Later-

I tumble out of bed, bringing all of my blankets with me and standing up. I walk over to the window with them draped around me. The city is covered in snow and the streets are muddy with slush. Today is Christmas Eve and Jake has asked me to come to his sisters for the holiday. Even though its really only been three months I've already gotten pretty close with Maggie and her husband.

These last three months have been pretty much perfect. Jake and I are fairly serious, although we haven't gone public yet. We spend most of our time together, I stay at his place a couple nights a week and he comes to mine on the weekends occasionally.

We've kept up rehearsal for Seawall/ A Life but I also picked up a job as a receptionist at a talent agency in the city just to bring in extra cash. There hasn't been an "I love you" from either of us yet but I'm pretty ok with that. I don't want to rush into it and I don't want to stress about it. I've just been enjoying what we have going right now.

Jake is coming to pick me up at noon today to drive out to Maggie's place. I'd usually spend the holiday in Boston with my family but Jake and I went to visit them for thanksgiving, which at the time seemed crazy to me. After all we'd only been together for a month then, but Jake had seemed eager to go to Boston, he knew some people there after filming Stronger. So he came along, visited Jeff Bauman, who I also got to meet, which was insane. My brother was a bit pissed off he wasn't invited to meet him, that guy is a hero to everyone in Boston and out of Boston.

Now though it was my turn to go to his family's for the holiday and I was nervous to say the least. I'd met his sister and her husband Peter but I hadn't met his mother yet. Jake told me to go casual, he said jeans and a sweater would be fine so that's exactly what I went with. I layer on a tan peacoat and a dark green Burberry scarf to stay warm.

Apparently Christmas Eve dinner would be very casual, "Christmas Night is when all the Gyllenhaal's get done up" Jake had said, prompting me to laugh at the fact he called his own family "The Gyllenhaal's"

I finish with my makeup, keeping it subtle and simple. I can feel the nerves in my stomach as I grab my bag and wait for
Jake's text.

Jake: I'm outside, careful on the sidewalk it looks icy.

I smile, grab the gift bag full of wrapped gifts and rush out onto the elevator. When i get to the lobby I see a familiar car waiting outside the front doors. I smile and get into the passengers seat, Jake leans over and kisses me.

"Merry Christmas Eve" He says, shifting into drive, "Maggie's house is about an hour and half away, depending on traffic it could be a bit more." Jake says. I nod and grab onto his free hand. "What's wrong?" He asks.