2

(sorry if I made any mistakes)

[Readers pov]

I set my phone on my bed and covered my mouth.

No, it couldn't be. One of my closest friends was murdered last night. I felt a heavy wait on my chest as I thought about it. Snapping out of my thoughts, I grabbed some clothes and headed over to the bathroom I had in my apartment.
Closing the door behind me, I faced the mirror and scanned over my body. My messy [H/C] went every which way but looked fluffy. 

After slipping on the clothes I grabbed my toothbrush and started brushing by my teeth, I grabbed my keys and locked my door as I made my way down the stairs and toward the parking lot. I glanced at the people who were walking around but looked back down at my feet.

I felt terrible.

Starting up the engine, I backed out of the parking lot and drove down the road. Not many people were driving around considering it is early in the morning. I took a turn and started toward my now deceased friend.
I know I don't seem that sad about it but I knew them very well and I think I was just a little stunned after being told about his death.

I knew him well enough to know he wouldn't just die without a fight... .. .right?

As I neared his house, I grew a little nervous. I didn't know what I was going to find.

Parking my car close to his house, I locked up my car and walked up to the porch and stared at the door for a second. There was yellow tape on the door saying 'police' and 'caution'. The worry that sat in my stomach grew more as I jiggled the doorknob until it popped open.
Pushing the door open, I glance inside and my eyes widened in shock.

Blood everywhere.

I took a step inside and I held my tongue as I look at the intestines that unfolded from the ceiling and still dripped with blood.

I'm glad they already took his body away... ..

As I neared the kitchen, I looked inside there and saw not too much blood but it was still there.
Before I turned away to look for any clues to who did this to him, I caught a glittering wine glass that was on top of a cupboard. I sighed at this because I wasn't very tall so I grabbed a chair and stood up on the chair. Standing on my tippy toes a little, I grabbed onto the wine glass gently and peered into it.

The sight I saw left me wanting to throw up, there was a pair of eyes—my friend's eyes that floated at the top of what I assume is wine. Considering the smell.
I dropped the glass and I soon lost balance and started to fall. Closing my eyes tightly, I waiting for impact and a strike of pain but that never happened. I opened my eyes and to my surprise, I was standing perfectly on the chair now?

I swear I was just falling, starting to think about it, I did feel a slight tug on my arm as I was falling. but no one was there. Getting off the chair, I looked around the kitchen. Yep, no one.
The feeling of a pair of eyes watching me followed after. Looking around the room again, still no one.

Strange

I still can't believe Jacob is dead...

Leaving the kitchen, I looked around the living room one more time. My eyes began to water a little bit, I rubbed my eyes before any tears could fall but they did so anyway as I remembered the times I hung out with him.
I went to go leave but something caught my eye. Using my sleeve to wipe my eyes, I look at the corner of the ceiling and noticed holes and cracks. Almost like someone was crawling on the walls but that's impossible.

I shrugged my shoulders and thought of Jacob being stupid again with his fake gun that would shoot pellets. They hurt a lot when you were shot with one. I smiled a little at the thought but continued out the door. As I closed the front door, I looked up at the house. I started to feel uneasy.

Slamming my car door shut, I started the engine and began to head to work. I can't lose my job so I can't be late. Passing by more houses and soon shops, I parked in the parking lot of the store and leaned back in the car seat.
The thought of Jacob dead stuck in my head, I sighed and stepped out of my car and locked it before starting my shift.

The small bell that rung as I opened the door rung through the small store as I made my way to the employee lounge.
Slipping on the blue vest I had to show I was working there, I walked up behind the counter and waited.

This is going to be a long day

Over the few hours I was here, a couple of people came in and bought what they needed and left. Now I was leaning against the counter, looking through the store as I listened to whatever was on the tv. My boss was doing her round checks through the store to make sure nothing had been stolen.
We only had one camera and it didn't show every inch of the store so this was every day. My boss was a sweet old lady, she looked like she owned 30 cats at first glance but she only owned one dog that was soon to pass on.

I sighed and looked through the small window next to the counter and watched as the sun slowly hid behind the trees as the sky grew more darker. If you looked closely, you could see the faint stars starting to peak through.

"Oh my!"

I jumped up as my boss Lilith shouted out.

"Is something wrong, are you ok?!"

Running out to the other side of the counter, I ran over to we're Lilith was and a sigh of relief washed over me. She was fine but it looked like a wine bottle had fallen and smashed on the ground.

"(Y/N) could you be a dear and grab the mop from the storage closet?"

"Of course"

Unlocking the storage closet, I searched for the mop and a bucket.

Filling up the bucket with water in the bathroom, I came back with a soft smile on my face as I set the bucket and mop down.
First I needed to remove the bottle and glass, I picked up the bottle and threw that away in the trash bin and started to gather up the glass shards.

I jumped a little as I felt a stinging pain on my finger. Looking at my fingers, I noticed blood starting to slide down my pointer finger.
Then that uneasy feeling of someone watching me came back and I started to look around. Standing up, I looked at Lilith as she stood at the counter. She smiled at me as I smiled back. Throwing the glass away and grabbing a bandaid from the first aid kit, I got back to work on cleaning up the spilled wine. This kinda reminded me of when I found the wine glass with the...eye balls. I gagged a little at the thought as I dip the mop in the bucket.

Once I finished up, I poured out the water and put the cleaning supplies back in the storage closet.

"Hey hun your shift is over"

I glanced up at the clock and noticed that it as 9:30, oh I hadn't been paying attention.

"Thanks, I forgot"

I smiled at her and headed back to the employee lounge. I put away the blue vest and stretched out. It was a pretty long day at work. Walking out of the lounge, I waved goodbye to Lilith. She waved by as well and as I was about to leave, Gerald the other employee shoved me to the side.

"Watch it boy"

He glared down at me as he walked past. I was a bit shaken up but I left and headed back home.

The ride home was nice and the cold breath of the night pushed past my fluffy hair as I locked up my car for the night.

Closing my apartment door behind, I sighed and dropped my keys on the kitchen counter. I grab a glass and filled it up with water and of course drank it. I was so tired, I just want to cuddle up to something warm and sleep.
I set the glass down and begin to walk to my bedroom but then I heard a noise come from the kitchen.

What was that