13 | violent ends

| meliorism |
chapter thirteen
children of the damned ❞

| meliorism |chapter thirteen❝ children of the damned ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

    Rhena was awoken, her phone began to vibrate it, illuminating her ceiling. Confused, she roll to the other side of the bed and took her phone, the bright light blinding her.

    On her screen, the name of Damon appeared making her frowned. She wanted to decline and call and go back to sleep, her gut was telling her to answer. She slowly sat up, and with a sigh, she answered.

    "Hello?" she frowned, yawning a little.

    "Rhena" he greeted, there was silence in the other line for a few seconds, none of them knowing what to say "I need a favor"

    She bit the inside of her cheek "Damon, it's the middle of the night—"

    "It's important" he cut her off "I wouldn't be calling you if it wasn't"

    "It's everything okay?" she asked, looking over to her sister to make sure she was asleep.

"No" he stated, making her frown "but you can help me to make everything better"

"What are you talking about?"

"Look out your window"

Rhena's eyes widen. She took off the covers and slowly made her way to the window. She looked down and her gaze met with Damon, who was down, waving at her with the phone in hand.

    "What are you doing here?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at him. Damon sighed, looking away frustratedly.

    "I need your help with something" he spoke low, locking eyes with her "and you're the only one that can help"

    "I won't help if you don't tell me what it is, are you hurt? Is Stefan hurt?" her eyes analyzed him, then looked around, trying to see if there was someone else's with him.

    "No" he answered, shrugging.

    "Then why do you need me? We're not friends, as long as I'm concerned" she crossed her arms against her chest, still looking out her windows.

    "No, we're not friends, but I am your family" he narrowed his eyes at her, a blank expression adorning his face.