Chapter 5

KARAS POV

"L..Lena? Can you say something? Anything? Please?" I begged, I started looking at the ground. I don't want to move my head because I'm distressed, I don't know what her reaction is. I'm terrified to find that out.

Until she spoke.

"What? What do you mean? Why would you lie to me?." she spoke up with an upsetting tone. "I've trusted you all this time with everything"

"Lena.. I didn't want to keep it from
you.. you have to understand that."

I was interrupted by hearing Lena let out a cry.

"Kara just stop!" she shouted. "I let you in and you lied to me, everyday, to my face about who you are. I gave you my all and you just threw it back in my face."

I had seen Lena hurt before, but this was a different kind of pain she has ever experienced. And it was because of me. All I ever wanted, in fact all I ever needed was for Lena to be happy. And because of me she's not going to get that for a long time. I feel guilty. But it's nothing I can change now. What I said can never be taken back. I wish it could be.

"Lena I.. I'm sor.. sorry. I didn't want to keep this from you. I should've told you right from the start, and if I could go back and change my choices I would. Believe me.. I would do anything." I cried. "I just.."

"You what Kara?"

"I wanted to protect you. I couldn't risk losing you."

"You've already lost me Kara. You need to leave. I can't be here with you anymore. I just.. I can't." She got up and walked back to her desk hiding her tears from me.

Just before I walked out the door she spoke.

"The worst part about this is the fact that I still love you. And I don't want too."

I glanced at her and she looked up at me. We just looked into each other's eyes for a split second. I could see how broken she was just by her eyes. Tears fell out her eyes and she quickly wiped them away and went back to working.

"I'm sorry." I muttered before walking out of her office. She loved me?

————————————————————————
sorry that this chapter is short! doing as much as i can though! - j x