Ten

© 2014 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

"Congratulations. You're pregnant."

"But I've never had sex!" 

"What bullshit are you guys watching?" Lorena scoffed, plopping herself down the couch next to Iris and I.

"Jane the Virgin." Draver muttered, dropping the bowl of popcorn in my lap as he made his way around the leather sofa. "I wanted to watch Arrow, but noooo. Iris' house- Iris' rules."

Jazz was too busy downing the smoothie that Iris made him to come up with a philosophical comeback to support Draver's stand.

And honestly, I was having the smoothie as well. It was addicting. Who knew avocado and mangoes would make such a spectacular combination?

"Stark and Castor should be back soon." Lorena smiled at the panicked Jane on the television screen, reaching across Iris to grab a handfull of buttery popcorn.

I swallowed heavily and the mention of my mate's name.

What was I thinking?

That pink lemonande must've had some strong Russian vodka mixed in otherwise my sober self would have never allowed Stark to fully claim me as his. 

Hell, what was he thinking? Coming from a guy who said that I wasn't his mate, it was hard to believe that he actually was the one who initiated the mating mark. Unbelievable. 

"What's with the scowl on your face?" Alric frowned, nudging my calf with his elbow. He was sitting between Iris' knees on the floor, blue light pouring from her hands as she worked her healing magic into his shoulders.

"Just thinking." I murmured, handing the bowl of popcorn to Draver and his outstretched arm.

"What are you thinking about- lemons?" he snorted, wincing slightly.

I rolled my eyes and looked behind me when the smell of sugar cookies wafted into the room. Faye walked in the living room with her giant bunny in tow. It was cute to see her stomp about just like how she was during the applesauce fiasco. The kids had stayed overnight...which lead to Stark sleeping near the pool on the roof.

Faye sat next to Draver, putting Mr.Raindrop next to Jazz's feet. Both of them immediately scooched closer, letting her use each of their arms to hold onto. Those Lycans have been really close to her, making sure she was alright ever since yesterday. Draver leaned forward and brushed the crumbs from the corner of her mouth. "Have you been eating sugar cookies again, Faye?" 

She flinched and lowered her head, her grip on their arms becoming slack. "...Maybe."

Jazz jerked her chin up. "Don't lie to us."

She sniffled. "Okay. I have." Draver and Jazz shared a look, one which Faye thought was dissapointment. "But I only had two! Just two!" she cried out. "I promise!"

"Don't torment the poor girl," Lorena said softly. "You know she looks up to you two."

They stiffened, meeting Lorena's gaze with fierce glares.

I flinched back as the staredown between the three of them. Just seeing those silver eyes flare made me queasy.

"Beau!" Faye squealed, wriggling from Draver and Jazz and running to sleepy Beau with ruffled hair who was walking around the kitchen, his head peeking from behind the counter. 

"Oh. Faye, what are you doing up?" he mumbled, patting her head awkwardly.

Draver growled low, leaning back into the leather sofa with a scowl on his face. Jazz looked a bit annoyed as well.