Chapter : 31

After knowing about the upcoming baby in royal family, whole clan was lightened up with joy.

Every single vampire was ready to welcome their new heir. Caring for Zune was everyone's top most priority.
Zune felt a little difficulty im excepting all the royal services which was totally abnormal for her.

She requested everyone that she wanted to be treated like a normal pregnant lady. At first Kyle refused but Zune insisted a lot and she won. She walked around palace like a normal pregnant lady though secretly Kyle kept some maids to take special care of her.

Ashley, Kiara, Emma and Haley always kept her company. Great queen Hannah was most happiest as she was going to be a grandmother. She used to make nutritious soup herself and make Zune drink daily. Kyle's father was amused to see his wife in kitchen and even teased her eventually.

Their family seemed more happy than before. Everything was going well. Kyle was handling all his works well.

But in other hand they were unaware about the greatest danger that would surround their whole happy family.

Lexa grew furious even more after hearing about Kyle and Zune's baby. She almost rushed to kill Zune but her father stopped her and kept her locked inside the room. She started to feel thirsty for Zune's blood and was eager to kill her.

Her father was afraid that Lexa would ruin all his plan to attack on Asterx due to her sillyness so unwantedly locked her in room and drugged her to keep her calm.

Sinisters aligned with other small Vampire clans who were weak rival to Asterx. Slowly they grew their strength. They vowed to take heavy revenge from Asterx for insulting their princess and planned to make Lexa their Queen after defending the Asterx.

They spent months on gathering the vampires and trained them.

Back to palace of Kyle, Zune's belly was growing and so was the happiness. It was time when they were ready for ultrasound of baby.

Everything was set and Zune was lying on bed holding Kyle's hand showing her belly. The doctor showed them their babies( Yes babies not a baby). There were twins in her belly. Both Zune and Kyle looked happy.

Kyle always carresed Zune's belly and acted childish when he actually talked to her belly. " Hey babies, grow well and don't bother your mom. She complains that you move a lot." Saying this he would kiss Zune's belly and her forehead.

Zune didn't leave a chance to tease Kyle also. She would gossip to Ashley and Ashley went near Kyle saying " Heyyy babiess groww well. Your dad is about to loose weight worrying about your mom and you."

Kyle furrowed his eyebrows giving cold look to Ashley while she ran from there. Kyle chased her and grabbed and twisted her wrist. " Hey sister, I will be waiting when you also become a mom and I will be there to tease you until you cry."

Ashley started to blush secretly and to her amusement she imagined the werewolf while Kyle teased her. " Leave me Kyle you're hurting me." She grinned and Kyle left her laughing.

Kyle went to Zune while Ashley entered her room. She lied on a bed  and thought to herself " Why all of sudden I remembered that stinking wolf??" She turned over covering her face " Ohhh what's wrong with me now?"

The months passed by and Zune's date of delivery was near. The doctor said that her delivery date was on 31st of July.

The Sinisters were well prepared by the time and their date of attack was on 30th of July. They chosed a time when Asterx would turn weak. They confirmed Zune's delivery date and planned on attack in same time as Asterx would make their effort on protecting the Queen and turn weak.

On night of 30th July, Zune was kept in the hospital of Palace. Ashley, Rick, Emma and Haley were incharge of watching Zune as Kyle was in his office busy with his work.

Kyle suddenly got a call and he came to know about Sinister's plan on attacking the Asterx. He immediately called Ashley and asked her to protect Zune as they might harm her.

He alerted all the other vampires to be ready for war in a short call. The sign of worry was all on their face as they had to prepare in such a short time without information about the number of enemy.

Though everyone thought their King was not prepared, Kyle called all the vampires aligned to Asterx. He was indeed prepared. He emplyed extra guards on palace and palace hospital.

He was worried about Zune so before war he went to Zune. " Zune, please don't worry and take care of yourself as well as babies. I will try my best to complete my work in time to be with you."

Zune gave a weak smile and said " Don't worry about me Kyle. I'm sorry, I'm the reason behind this war. I-" Kyle kept his finger on her lips " Ssh..not a single word. Don't be sorry for this. You are my Queen and I would do whatever  it takes to keep my Queen safe even if I have to go to war for you." The tears rolled down from Zune's eyes.

Kyle wiped away her tears and kissed on her forehead " We will be happy family soon. You be a good girl and wait for me to hold our babies together."

" Kyle can I request you something??" Zune said with watery eyes. " Anything for you my Queen just say it." Kyle said lovingly holding her hands.

"If something happens to me, please take care of our babies and tell them that their mom loves them a lot and never drown yourself in sorrow."

Kyle carresed her hair gently and said "Please dont say these words. Silly girl nothing's gonna happen with you. I will always protect you. We will hold our babies together and have a happy family."

Zune smiled with tears and said " Kyle I'm the luckiest girl to have a husband like you."

Kyle hugged her tightly and said " and I'm also the luckiest man to have a wife like you. Wait for me Zune I will be back just in few hours."

Before going for a war, they had their last kiss.

And the war started........