THE START

To all those who abandoned me
To all those who left me in despair
To all those who never believed in me
To all those who have put me down
Thankyou for hurting me in all right places
~I owe this to you 💕✨

Evani's POV

I stepped inside the college premises running to my class. i had just made it in time for the class but suddenly i bumped into someone and we both fell with my bag and books all scattered around us. i looked up to see who has bumped into me and made me late for my class but didnt look too closely since my eyes got blurred for a moment due to the hit. my body was hurting at some points but i somehow stood up, gathered up my stuff and without a second glance ran to my class. it was not good to be late in the first week of your college. the professor gave me an unimpressed nod and told me to sit in the class.

i quickly put my stuff and concentrated on my lesson since the professor had started the topic and i was a bit late, my body was still paining but i was somehow enduring it.

soon the lecture was over and it was time for another lecture. Me and my friends hurried towards the second lecture room. in college, we were told to call our seniors- sir and ma'am, but we were still unknown who were our seniors and our batchmates so until we were asked something we would keep to ourselves and not speak to anyone else whom we dont know or is not in our class.

we were also told when we were applying for the college that there we would have to select a sport which can be either a mental or physical or both type of sports and each sport has 4 representatives who were just a year senior to us.

As my sport, i chose Chess in which there were 27 students out of which 3 were just girls including me. soon what seemed like an eternity, the second lecture got over and lunchtime came. me and my friends headed to the mess for lunch.

after lunch, we had 2 more lectures. after the last lecture got over which seemed like years, it was evening and time for our sports, so i headed to the place where chess would be held. The introduction between our batchmates and the mentor (representatives) were held the before yesterday but one senior mentor was missing during the introduction was to be introduced today.

i was walking looking at my messages when suddenly i bumped into someone AGAIN.... please dont let it be the guy from the morning, it would be damn embarrassing. Slowly, i looked up through my eyelashes. i saw a really handsome guy with a  muscular body and a really cute smile that will leave girls swooning for hours. i saw him giving me hand to help me stand and i picked up my bag and looked at the floor embarrassed not able to meet his eye. he gave me a small smile and left in the opposite direction.

i looked at the way he went and sighed deeply, i have a crush...... in my first week of college...... on a person i didn't even see before and probably won't ever see too...... GREAT, JUST GREAT. Life, why so tough? loosen up, will you!!??

i entered the room where the game was to be held and greeted everyone and sat on a table where a boy was already sitting arranging the chess pieces. i greeted him as well and recognized him as one of my classmates, Karan. He was a really shy and studious type of guy, not really interested in talking or making friends it seemed but its only been a few days since college started and they always say, never judge a book by its cover.

Soon we completed one round of chess out of 3 and were preparing for the second round, arranging the pieces when suddenly he looked up to me and said "Never thought you will be this good. i underestimated you. good game but let's see for the other rounds as well." i smiled looking at him, shy at his compliment. suddenly the door opened and the person entering made my cheeks red from embarrassment and i looked at the chessboard with a sudden interest in it planning to ignore the person who just entered.