First Impressions

A/N: I'm back! Moving took a while and lemme just say, it's a miserable process. I never want to see another U-Haul for as long as I live.

Katsuki was good at almost everything.

Almost.

He had amazing combat training and experience. Was incredibly intelligent and a fast learner. He adapted to situational circumstances fairly well and was good with strategy whenever his pride didn't sit it's fat ass down on his reasoning and crush it without a second thought. Apparently he was was good at making friends too, rough exterior in tact.

But he wholly sucked at first impressions.

Or more specifically, first impressions of people whose opinions he actually gave a shit about.

This case being one Rei Todoroki.

"Darling, you really don't have to be so nervous about this---"

"It's your mom, Sho. Yes, I do have to be nervous about this."

"You're more capable of making a better first impression if you just relax."

Katsuki was literally shaking in his boots.

His first meeting with Endeavor hadn't made him nearly as nervous as the thought of meeting Shouto's mother. Shouto says it's because he and Endeavor are much alike in terms of demeanor and understand each other better, to which Katsuki definitely took great offense because fuck Endeavor.

And Katsuki's willing to admit that he's got a bit of a shitty personality.

But he's trying.

And he doesn't want to fuck this up because this woman is Shouto's entire world and he wants to treat her well above all else. If things went according to plan, she'd be Katsuki's family some day---his mother-in-law. She's been through enough hell and torment as it is. The last thing he wants is for her to feel disappoint that Shouto chose him when he could very well be with anyone he wanted.

"She already loves you, Katsuki. Firecracker personality and all."

"You're out of your head if you think she's going to love me once she fucking sees me in person."

"Katsuki---"

"We both know you hype me up way more than what I'm worth and the only reason you even think I'm the best thing since fucking cold soba is because you're a messed up sadist and i just so happen to be into that."

"Okay, ouch."

"And then what if she finds out about...well...fuck, you know?"

"She already has." Shouto says, artfully ignoring the very obvious sound of Katsuki choking on his own spit as he leans down to make sure the blonde's boots are strapped up.

Serves him right for kink shaming him.

"She what?!"

"I tell my mother everything, Katsuki. It's fine---"

"My life is over."

"You're being extra."

"We can't get married now."

"Like hell we aren't. You know how much I spent on this ring?"

"What?"

"What?"

Katsuki presses his lips into a thin line, breathing a suffering, heavy sigh out from his nostrils. He's been completely fucking wired for at least 72 hours, so wired that he's even thrown up in the middle of the night from being so uncontrollably anxious. Shouto thinks he's overreacting. Katsuki thinks Shouto isn't reacting nearly enough.