chapter twenty-eight

Being related to good police officers came with some benefits

Claire, Dylan, Kian, my uncle Sam and my eldest cousin Crawford came by my house later that night. My parents didn't know about what was going on behind those walls because Jackie never mentioned it.

We had Taylor watching the triplets. That and he was terrified of Jeffrey.

Kyla was also here for moral support.

They were determined to keep her, Jax, and Journey safe.

"What's wrong, you sounded very worried on the phone," Sam asks Levi.

Levi motions for him to sit down on the couch.

I tapped Dylan who was sitting next to me shaking his legs.

"Are you okay?"

"Just anxious to get him out of there." He looks over at me and I could see worry and pain.

"Me too." I held his hand and squeezed it. "Hey, Crawford." I smiled up at my older cousin.

He had Kyla's blue eyes and his dad's facial features that made him very attractive. He was 25 and surprisingly single. He was too handsome to be single.

"Hey, baby cousin." He ruffles my hair sitting across from me.

"Okay, Dylan please tell them everything you told us." Issac puts his hand on Dylan's shoulder.

"My friend Jax umm his dad is in town for a couple of weeks and every time he comes back to abuse Jax and his mom for years now. Jax's dad is on your wanted list."

"What's the name?"

"Jeffrey Monroe." He says low but enough for us to hear.

Sam and Crawford's eye widens. "He's one of the hardest criminal to catch." Crawford sighs.

"Yeah, but we know where he is staying at. We could just corner him." Sam says.

"No. Jackie, Jax, and Journey are there. He will harm them if he has to." Kian speaks up.

"So then what do we do?" Kyla asks.

"Well, my brilliant daughters came up with a plan to let Jax know without warning Jeffrey." Issac smiles and motions towards Claire and me. "The actual catching him part will be on you guys." 

We told them everything steps by step. Sam would agree on certain things and then disagree but other than those minor details he agreed to help and so did Crawford.

I hope this plan falls through the way it should.

~

"You guys need to shut up," Dylan whispers annoyed.

"He won't stop pinching my thigh." Claire whines.

"Listen lady if your ass wasn't in my face then I wouldn't pinch your thigh so that you would move it away from my face," Kian mutters.