chapter twenty-nine

For the next couple of days, Sam and Crawford have been watching over the tracker

The only thing Jeffrey has done was walk to his car and then back inside the house like sir don't you have other places to be?

"Dada," Journey says waddling over to me with a toy.

"Dada will be here soon okay?" I picked her up.

Ever since she's been here she won't let me touch any of the triplets unless she was down for a nap.

If she was awake she would follow me everywhere.

Since I was already ahead in most of my classes my parents had no problem with me staying.

Dylan and Kian stayed with me since aunt Kyla gave them permission but only because they were also saving lives. Well, hopefully, we are.

"Dada." Journey whines again.

"You miss him?" I asked and he lays her head on my shoulder. "I miss him too." I rocked her.

"He's leaving!" Sam announces and we all jump. "He's going around the corner right now. Wow, he's passing the speed limit."

We all chuckled.

"Okay I think it's safe for us to move in."

I gave Journey to Levi and they all got in the van. Dylan and I drove after them just in case. 

Sam had police vans and officers close to Jax's house, ready to move in when he called.

I got out first and knocked on the door with Crawford following behind me. We were pretending to act like friendly neighbors, just in case, someone was in there. 

Ms. Moore opens the door and my heart instantly cracks. She was covered in bruises and cuts.

"Brynnley." She mumbled and hugs me. I hugged her back. "You need to go. You need to go now. He's gonna come back in 2 minutes. He knows about the tracker." She warns.

Crawford pulls my arm but it was too late.

"You think you could fool me?" A deep voice says. All the officers raised their guns at him.

I could see the resemblance between Jax and Jeffrey. His jaw, his nose, and his eyes were all like Jeffery's.

Crawford stood in front of me protectively. I pulled Ms. Moore behind me.

"Where's Jax?" I asked.

"He's unconscious upstairs." She cries.