e l e v e n

James' POV

"Can someone please explain to me why our bar sales have decreased significantly in the past week" I asked in a room full of my employee's and business managers

"Can someone please explain to me why our bar sales have decreased significantly in the past week" I asked in a room full of my employee's and business managers. Everyone looked around at one another pretending to be dumbfounded and didn't say a word. "So no one has a clue" I asked with frustration in my voice. Chi nervously raised her hand. I rolled my eyes. "Yes, Chi" I said. She cleared her throat and then said, "Well, since you've suspended Mel.. things haven't been the same. Customers come specifically to see her" she said then quickly looked away. I could hear Naomi scoff behind me. I knew it made her cringe every time someone mentioned her name.

Greg, my operational manager cuts in and says, "Unfortunately this is true. Sales have been down since Melissa's suspension. Maybe we should take her of—" "Oh NO, that bitch needs to be fired" Naomi interrupts. I look over at her like she's lost her mind. "Naomi, please" I said then shook my head. "Look, if we don't want this to continue then we know what we need to do" Greg said with a shrug. I nodded my head. "You all are dismissed" I said. Everyone grabbed their things and filed out of the door. Naomi sat in the same spot while tapping her foot against the glass table leg. I sighed and tried to ignore her while shuffling through some paperwork.

"I know you're not thinking about bringing that hoe back after what we talked about" she said with her arms crossed. I grabbed the bridge of my nose and tried to calm myself before I started cursing this woman out. "Naomi, we need her for business. That's it. I heard you loud and clear. I'm not messing with her... she broke it off anyway" I began to trail off. Naomi walked over to me and stood in front of me. She fixed my tie and brushed some lint off my suit then took my face in between her hands. "Because if you are.. You'll regret it" she said with a smirk then strutted out the door.

Melissa's POV

Dre and I hadn't talked in a few days since he gave me his so called "ultimatum"

Dre and I hadn't talked in a few days since he gave me his so called "ultimatum". I was shocked since I didn't know he was feeling me so much. I mean, I know he likes me, but I never thought things would end up here. I mean, I like Dre a lot, but I love James. I just hope he keeps his word and leaves Naomi's old ass. Thinking about all that me and James could be made smile but that quickly faded when I felt myself about to throw up. False alarm, I'm good. I went to the kitchen and downed a bottle of water I had in the fridge.